Annoying members
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
BLACK BETTY

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

erm

here here tanter s

Embarassed Embarassed
 Nine-tenths of wisdom is being wise in time.

Also appears 9/10 of stopping is stopping in time

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=DiscoReaper&view=videos 

Post #42561620th Feb 2009 1:41 pm
Miss Marple

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

I'd like to name names but it'd be like putting my booty in a hornets nest.

Post #42561820th Feb 2009 1:46 pm
ad15

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

my two pence worth, have been a member of this forum for a couple of months, as wel as a certain other 4x4 forum, to be honest, this forum has swayed me towards the d3, in fact the forum has been helpful in so many ways i'm going to make a site donation once i have finally got my own d3.

Love it just the way it is, banter and all.

thanks to everyone who has helped with info and advice.

ad Bow down

Post #42564420th Feb 2009 2:22 pm
simonsi

New Zealand 

IMHO, this thread in this forum (read the forum title), is absolutely NOT the place for any serious discussion...
 Cheers

Simon 

Post #42566520th Feb 2009 3:06 pm
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

catweasel wrote:
if I want to unwind and talk dribble
and watch others drink themselves stupid Whistle Thumbs Up The End  
Post #42566920th Feb 2009 3:15 pm
741hcr

United Kingdom 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

Well I am not quite sure what this thread has achieved. We now know that some people like the forum as it is while others are annoyed with other Members for making posts that they feel are unnecessary BUT the annoyed ones are not prepared to be up front and say who they feel are causing the problems (but are happy to stir things up). Doesn't this now leave us in a position where the annoyed remain annoyed and those that are causing the annoyance may well remain oblivious to that fact. I think you should just say who you are unhappy with (even if I am on the guilty list Rolling Eyes ), clear the air and finally close this thread.

Post #42569120th Feb 2009 4:18 pm
MacLeod 313

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Still seems to be such a provocative thread started by somebody that on paper is a low poster, and that even with the count shown means although all posts written are probably top quality (not counting this thread), it means that maybe not the person shown is actually a masked established member. I couldn't give a monkeys whether I post or not, or whether I help or not. But if I help just one person, exchange money for D3 goods, courier items then I am happy to help.

This forum is top quality, and as a member I get stick, give stick, have a laugh and also sulk. Post count is far from my agenda TBH. Miss Marple lighten up, not a thread we need, but it I guess is a mid honey trap to which I and others fell fori

Post #42569820th Feb 2009 4:23 pm
Snowy

England 

IMO, instead of naming people, may be the point of this thread is for people to look at themselves and think before posting for the sake of an incrementing number to the left of this text. Naming names will only be inflammaratory and I don't think that does any good on this site and has never been beneficial in the past Thumbs Up
 The surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us yet.  
Post #42569920th Feb 2009 4:24 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

Slimer wrote:
catweasel wrote:
if I want to unwind and talk dribble
and watch others drink themselves stupid Whistle Thumbs Up

Hello Thumbs Up

I also feel that the incessant worthless posts are becoming very boring and is diluting the quality of the site. I have been on here for a number of years now and to start with it was a absolute blast. Understandably the site has grown to a point where we now have thousands of people with thousands of opinions which is fine, we still have a laugh but......Unfortunately sometimes when a post starts to run and looks like it's heading in a good direction, someone comes on and makes a completely random comment and then the whole thing goes pear shaped and to be quite frank when that happens I lose interest and cant be arsed to continue.

I am the first person, as you may have gathered, to get in on the pizz take to have a laugh or throw the toys out the pram if someone is out of order.

As far as the D3 is concerned I am more into the off road driving and protection side of stuff than the technical advice required to clean ones' interior matt's. So this is where I will get more involved.

To summarise, the % of quality posts has not increased at the same growth rate of the site.

My opinion for what its worth, either keep factual and on topic or at least make sure it's funny/worthwhile if your going to take it off topic. TBH I would rather see the post count removed.
 In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #42570120th Feb 2009 4:26 pm
tanters

Ireland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 5 Seat Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

AndrewS wrote:
TBH I would rather see the post count removed.

Shocked Shocked Shocked

SOMEBODY START A POLL QUICK Exclamation

maybe replace it with a pint of beer logo for every 500 posts Whistle

I'm bored Thud
 A happy childhood ... is the worst possible preparation for life.  
Post #42570920th Feb 2009 4:36 pm
CY

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Yes remove the post count, it serves no purpose Thumbs Up
 2007 Porsche Boxster (987) 2.7
2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE G4 Challenge (1 of 68)
2023 Defender 90 D250 X-Dynamic HSE 

Post #42571420th Feb 2009 4:42 pm
Pelyma

England 

I'll name name names! I have been a member on this site for longer than most, but am far from a top poster and I'm not in any club; MTR, TT, BAS, ATR etc etc and seen it develop from a small site to the mature stage it is now. Those that can be accused of clogging posts up over the years with loads of drivel would include (but not exclusive to) Macleod, DG, Bodsey, Simonsi, Simon, Nodo$h, TFC, BN etc etc etc I hope that those I've mentioned don't take offence, but take it in the spirit it was meant. Some have left the site; some are still here (most); some have learnt a time and place and some haven't yet.

I'm sure that we can all be grown up about it; when people are looking for info don't hide the answer in a never ending bucket of Censored and don't rely on a mod to split it out. Why not start an off topic discussion about it; then people do have a way of easily finding the answer and those that want a laugh have one too. Simple when you think about it. If I've Censored off half the site then tough - I'm not Miss Marple either Ner Ner
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #42571520th Feb 2009 4:42 pm
AndrewS
Tarquin of the Desert 

United Kingdom 

MacLeod 313 wrote:
the person shown is actually a masked established member.

I'm Miss Marple

In the Beginning there was nothing, which exploded.  
Post #42571620th Feb 2009 4:44 pm
Dwarfy McTripod

2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 4

I joind a serious posting about accesability and the D3 and it went off topic in scconds Twisted Evil

http://www.disco3.co.uk/forum/topic8793.html?highlight=

Post #42572420th Feb 2009 4:53 pm
countrywide

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 Graphite LE Auto Unknown ColourDiscovery 4

To be honest I haven't been in the least bit wound up by off topic posts or the banter. The only thing, which does annoy me is the bickering between some members. they complain that somebody is posting all the time and then start a huge series of posts having a go at each other to point score. To me this is not entertaining or a very good representation of the forum. Of late this has become more of a problem and produced more posts than the off topic one's which originally started the arguments.

We can't all be the best of friends, but since leaving the playground I have learnt to get along with others even if we have very different views. I can also read quite fast and even have the ability not to remember the stuff I don't find interesting. Sadly SWMBO says this is not working 100% as I also forget stuff I am meant to remember.

Bit of a rant, but I find it very hard to believe we can't all get on. On every event I have been on I have found all the members to be very pleasant and helpful. Seems odd that this isn't reflected in the forum at the moment.

Post #42573820th Feb 2009 5:23 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 4 of 7 <1234567>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >