Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > General

Welcome to DISCO3 and DISCO4 - Say hello here!
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 821 of 821 <123 ... 819820821
Majik

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Manual Alveston RedDiscovery 3

Hello all, against better judgement and all advice I acquired a disco 3. There are issues but to be honest I always wanted one and fancied a new challenge. I have limited car knowledge but in the past have changed a cylinder head on a Bongo and made some mechanical mods to the car, I've done brakes, belts and body work. I'll have go at anything. I got the car to pull my caravan around but before all that, does anybody have any links, recommendations for workshop books etc. What are must haves? Also is there a comprehensive check list or fault finding cheatsheet. I have an Ancel VD700 obd 2 but this is a bit VW, do I need a more bespoke fault reader? Any recommendations, hints, tips etc. Thanks

Post #237155521st Jun 2024 5:59 am
Integralekid

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Siberian SilverDiscovery 3
Welcome thread hello.

Hi, I've had my D3 for around 3 years now, battled through gearbox gremlins mostly but hopefully cured that now. Other than that it's a great vehicle for what we use it for and also my work. This forum has provided plenty of great info on faults over the years, long maybit continue.

Post #237159621st Jun 2024 3:50 pm
Kickyfeet

United States 

Hey all,

Dustin here from Colorado. Previously I owned a 2006 LR3, and now own a 2013 LR4. Some mods I've done
-Voyager spare tire swingout
-Rocky road rock sliders
-2.5 Johnson rods and SYA Kit
-18 inch compomotive with 265/65 KO2

I love the platform and doing my own work. Last summer I replaced all cooling pipes and hoses. No leaks yet!

Post #237201128th Jun 2024 3:39 am
mezlozna

Latvia 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 3

Martin here from Latvia. Always have been fascinated by Discos, but always have been scared by the reputation and it was always out of my price range. Finally decided to fluff up the nuts and just go for it, so about a week ago parked my old xc90 and got a 2006 diesel with auto, euro 3 engine with no DPF and 200k on the odometer. After a day I finally managed to get the diagnostic tool working properly and found out the car has magically lost 100k somewhere along the way, but that was not a big surprise.
The interior is quite ratty, quite a few scuffs on the outside too, but seems to be mechanically sound and maintained (belts changed, including the rear one, oil pump changed, compressor changed, gearbox oil change with all those rubbers and gaskets, etc..). Also this is the first one I saw that did not put up a light show of warnings and errors on first connection...
First week has been great - goes like a tank on the forest trails even on the chinese 255/55/19 winters it came with, comfortably sleeps me, wife, kid and a labrador. So - slowly starting to sort out the niggles and hope to have a long journey with this one.

Post #237202228th Jun 2024 7:53 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 821 of 821 <123 ... 819820821
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >