Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Blackbox Solutions

Am i being unreasonable ?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
tomthumb

United Kingdom 

Never had any dealings with ozzz so can't quote non uk law,
But common sence dictates 3.5 years is a reasonable amount of time to disspose of goods left , no matter where yor from...

P.S. what the Censored is a D3 SV extreme based system anyway?
 RRSport MY12hse but don't hold that against lill o me
Hybrid TV, cubby Fridge, Surround Camera's, Sun Roof.

Disco 3 MY05hse Sadly gone

All alone in my own little world,
But everybody knows me there, so I'm ok. 

Post #103342412th Jan 2013 11:14 am
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Robbie wrote:
Discotres,

I agree with your post.

In a way I am dreading to hear the other side of this. Somehow I know it will start with 'following my kid's diagnosis of leukaemia'.

Guess you need to have a life-changing experience to know how personal admin can go to ratshit for a number of years.

I agree 100%, I called it "more to it", but something 'very' wrong has happened no matter what! The guy paid good money for something and has asked for it back, I would have given him a refurbished similar unit at least, more likely a new one as a forum member if he paid a slight upgrade fee, my reputation would be far greater value to me than a poxy 40 Euros!!!

Post #103342812th Jan 2013 11:18 am
Klinkhammer

Scotland 

Colin

Having read all this with interest I have a question for you. What do you want as an outcome?

For the record no matter the legality in the various countries I don't think you have acted unreasonably.

I think this is all about how you want you and your company viewed in terms of customer service in the future. A satisfied customer tells their close circle about the experience a dissatisfied customer will tell the world and their auntie.
 I'm to old to know everything......
D4 Gone over to the Dark Side (D5)
D3 gone ...... But now want one for knocking about! Is this a form of insanity? 

Post #103344412th Jan 2013 11:37 am
MarkOne

Scotland 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Or it could be even more simple, at a time the buyer could have had more money than sense and didn't think about it, now he's maybe down on his luck and looking for money.

Post #103344712th Jan 2013 11:40 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Colin, stick a poll on this thread & get some idea of whether you're view is shared or the great masses think you should bend over. Thumbs Up

Post #103345012th Jan 2013 11:50 am
Discotres

Why even post the question on an open forum in the first place with only one side of the facts? very odd, and clear there is much more to it, reputation wise I certainly wouldn't but there is nothing stranger than folkes Wink

We can speculate but without the full facts but that is all it is, speculation, my posts have been regarding customer service and reputation no matter what the facts, e.g. The customer is always right and going that extra mile. Wink

I don't really think there is much more to say without more info Thumbs Up

Post #103345212th Jan 2013 11:51 am
Discotres

DSL wrote:
Colin, stick a poll on this thread & get some idea of whether you're view is shared or the great masses think you should bend over. Thumbs Up

You can't without both sides, that is what is odd about the whole situation, I wouldn't be surprised if the owner doesn't pop up shortly with his side of the story, could have already threatened that, maybe this was a pre strike by the vendor Laughing

Post #103345312th Jan 2013 11:54 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Of course you can, peeps can make a decision based on the info available and view the results on the info available. Might not be totally fair & balanced but neither's life.

Post #103345512th Jan 2013 11:58 am
Discotres

Look, Colin now has my new address, why not send me a new one and be done with it, then I won't post my side of it Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Post #103345612th Jan 2013 11:59 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Personally I think it was daft to post this in an open forum. There's an old saying about washing dirty linen in public.

Post #103348512th Jan 2013 1:14 pm
MHP

England 

personally i would have disposed of it after 3 + years Laughing If its been sat there with nothing wrong with nothing wrong with it then why should you keep it/store it without any charge?

It was the owners choice to ignore any phone calls/letters ETC so its party his/hers own fault for leaving it so long without any contact or notification that it will be picked up or some sort of agreement on storing it or having it posted/shipped to his/hers address!

But without knowing the full story/all the details none of us could really state anything official regarding laws ETC! Thumbs Up

Post #103349812th Jan 2013 1:59 pm
DerbyshireDisco

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Loire BlueDiscovery 4

Come on Bruce let's have your side of the story.
 Displaced Yorkshireman.
=^:^=
SDV6 Auto obviously, Loire blue/Ebony, ugly kid glass, RLD wheel protector, private plate and maybe side steps. 

Post #103350812th Jan 2013 2:34 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Popelka

Czech Republic 

Discotres wrote:
Why even post the question on an open forum in the first place

after reading so many different points of views I can only agree on the above question!!
 Experience is a difficult teacher, because she gives the test first and then the lesson afterwards!!!!  
Post #103353112th Jan 2013 5:01 pm
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

Thank you all for your thoughts and input.

I do not believe that the element of support and how come something is RMA'd is really the issue, nor is our decision to charge a No Fault found fee to cover the cost of the over extensive testing we do in such cases. If either was a factor in this, it still has no bearing on someone leaving an item with an unpaid bill with us without contact for so long.

So back to the point.

I think most agree that Regardless of the differing uncollected Goods act legalities in various countries, and i confess i have not yet looked up those likely most relevant here, IE Cyprus's, it is ultimately unreasonable for someone to expect us to store an item with an unpaid bill for extended periods that now total 3 and a half years. The hardware is not overly expensive to initially purchase in the first place, and if you consider the possibility of interest and storage fees they would have quickly exceeded the worth of the used hardware anyway.

We did make multiple efforts to contact the owner using the details we had for him, which we really should not have had to do and we keep no records that associate our system owners with any forum membership.
At the time it was just an RMA that we had processed and had remained unpaid and uncollected for at least a year.

In respect of disposal, the licensing is such that we cannot simply re set, re program or re use this hardware, hence you never see us have refurbished or used equipment. This would have been a very early server where the Main PCB, case and end plates had been updated. The construction is also pretty much a one way thing with most items costing less new than than the time it would take to salvage them from a used assembly.

We would seriously have struggled to salvage enough parts from it to cover even the initial unpaid bill.

Moo, i would not survive for 10 minutes as a member of this forum if i was not totally honest and transparent or had anything to hide. I did what i believed was reasonable in this case and i think many appreciate seeing us for what we are and do, warts and all.

Klinkhammer:
Well put.
Of course i will do all i possibly can to help this guy out. As i said the hardware is not overly expensive new anyway and my willingness to help him out by giving a very healthy discount that should cost him not exactly vast amounts more than he would have had to pay even if we kept his old hardware anyway.

Post #103353312th Jan 2013 5:04 pm
Garym2000

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

In my opionion It's totally unreasonable of the buyer to expect to get their goods back after 3 years of no contact, despite the sellers attempts to contact them. As a gesture of good will the seller may offer a discount to the 'existing customer' but no more than that.

Post #103353612th Jan 2013 5:11 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 6 <123456>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >