Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Discovery 5 - L462

Next Discovery - Spy Shot Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 88 of 164 <123 ... 878889 ... 162163164>
fat bloke

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Still think the way it's going the new Defender will have a similar front to all the others and sloping rear and prices from £30k. At the moment i cannot for the life of me seeing L/R making a model in low £20k not cost effective all the development costs etc going into it..

Post #167537930th Jun 2016 9:23 pm
RDR

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

agreed, I think I mentioned it elsewhere that LR could reuse the D4 platform to create a more ruggedised simple commercial version and would make a killing. The platforms paid for its self goodness knows how many times over, its a great workhorse and much more refined compared to the L200 and navaras. EU6 with a manual option and rugged interior and you have a defender replacement job done Whistle
 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
MY12 HSE - Gone
MY16 HSE Luxury - Sold
MY20 D5 HSE - Sold
Current RR L460 PHEV 

Post #167538930th Jun 2016 9:32 pm
RRSTDV8

United Kingdom 

If they made DC100 but with nicer lights (less like a cross-eyed dog) it'd sell well, I think. Make it properly usable off road with a simple but comfortable interior and I'd be interested. Give it air suspension and an auto box and I'd be all over it. Make it a bone shaker like the Defender and no thanks. The D4/RRS/FFRR show that you can do off road and comfort.

Using the D4 platform would make a lot of sense, alternatively. Alter the wheelbase for a rehash of the 90/110/130 concept. The only issue is weight.
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2012 RRS SDV6
2008 RRS TDV8
"When you fire that first shot, no matter how right you feel, you have no idea who's going to die! You don't know who's children are going to scream and burn. How many hearts will be broken. How many lives shattered. How much blood will spill, until everybody does what they were always going to have to do from the very beginning: SIT DOWN AND TALK!" 

Post #167541730th Jun 2016 10:18 pm
muddywheels4wd

England 

This doesn't sound like a smaller version of the posh stuff Confused

Quote:
Will there be more than one Defender?

There will be a number of different Defendermodels, to help Land Rover sell over 70k units a year, and to appeal to the Land Rover traditionalists who might perhaps be put off by the new Discos and RRs.

'We need the Defender to wash its wash in terms of investment,' admits McGovern. 'So there will be opportunities for different-sized vehicles: in the Middle East, for example, they want really big vehicles; in other markets the appetite is for small vehicles; and I’d argue you need the iconic three-door there as well.'

Not that the styling will be retro, as McGovern says the new models will bear no resemblance to the DC100 concepts: 'I think the Defender was good for it’s time, but I think we’ve got to be quite radical, and create if we create a vehicle that is special and does resonate with people, they will forget what they had before.'
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Still hoping for a S2 one day! 

Post #167542530th Jun 2016 10:28 pm
fat bloke

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Yep radical,no retro as defender? so same front as others and backside Thumbs Up

Post #16759311st Jul 2016 9:16 pm
ste m

United Kingdom 

Popped into my dealer today and he said he wasn't taking any deposits nor knows when its coming out even though I told him we were starting to make the panels as of august. Got to admit i was very tempted by a full fat range whilst i was there, good money but a few years old

Post #16761872nd Jul 2016 5:20 pm
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3
Advantage....split tailgate

My SWMBO'd made the comment today that the current Disco 3/4 gate worked well
Filling the load area with groceries, bottles, etc that move when the vehicle moves....
Being able to open the upper & sort the purchases without them spelling out as they could' would do with a one piece top hinged gate...practical point.

The pull out bench won't have this capability....but there you go new model, better, more advanced what's we are told we need & are to have....that's marketing.
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #16761982nd Jul 2016 6:21 pm
J77

Scotland 

ste m wrote:
Popped into my dealer today and he said he wasn't taking any deposits nor knows when its coming out even though I told him we were starting to make the panels as of august. Got to admit i was very tempted by a full fat range whilst i was there, good money but a few years old

Poor dealer. I put a deposit down for the Evoque a year before it was launched, DS also.

It's the pricing I'm waiting to see, I really fancy a L405 but even 3 years old they are new Disco money. So I'm thinking if this D5 is pants then I may upgrade my 16MY SE to a 16.5MY Landmark.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #16763492nd Jul 2016 11:21 pm
ste m

United Kingdom 

Yes my dealer is terrible, you think they'd behave better as I complained right to the top after my bad experience with them. Ill pop into conwy landcover next month as i go past there a lot in the summer going to and from my caravan.

I work for JLR so get discount and Im waiting to see if the new car gets that, if not then I may look at another 4 before they finish. Ideally I wanted to change my car every year but if i have to keep hold of this one then I'm not bothered as its bloody awesome.

I want to move onto the sport next though and then a 405 myself. Thing is the dealer network lets these cars down terribly. My wife used to have a lexus and my god do they know how to look after people. She now has a mere and they're just as bad as LR

Post #16764163rd Jul 2016 10:18 am
muddywheels4wd

England 

I've had 12 LRs since 2000 - rejected 3 due to dealer incompetence, had to px another due to dealer damage and enjoyed 8

I've had dealings with LRCR about 5 different dealers but seen nothing to convince me anything will change

Great products let down by rubbish dealers

The prices keep going up but I had better service when I had my cheap FL1s

I keep thinking I'll buy something else but not found anything else I like or convinced other brand dealers are any better speaking to friends

As long as sales are rocketing nothing will change
 Wanted a Series 2 LR since childhood but previously owned MY16 Disco Sport HSE TD4 Auto, MY13 RR Sport Black Edition TDV6 Auto, MY10 RR Sport HSE TDV6 Auto, 2007 Freelander 1 Freestyle TD4 Soft Top, 2009 Freelander 2 GS TD4 Auto, 2007 Freelander 2 GS TD4, 2004 Disco 2 Metropolis Auto, 2002 Disco 2 GS, 2000 Freelander 1 SE TD4 SW

Post #16764223rd Jul 2016 10:31 am
ste m

United Kingdom 

To be honest I went round a few dealers yesterday and the only others that have impressed me are Porsche and BMW. Im a bit weird as i walk round in shorts and t-shirts all year but i also find this a great way of finding out how good certain things are especially car dealers, some won't entertain you and others treat you the same as every other customer they have in wether suited an booted or not. Porsche were fantastic, so was BMW. Lexus much the same but every other dealer is awful. Ive raised the issue of the dealers to the highest level I can but looking at yesterdays experience it seems nothing has changed.

The first car I bought off them, this one, had a retail of 63k and I was treated awful. They remembered me when I walked in yesterday after 9 months but their attitude was still the same, its as if they think well if you don't buy one then the next person in ten minutes will so why try. It'll bite them on the ar5e one day

Post #16764283rd Jul 2016 10:54 am
muddywheels4wd

England 

They shouldn't judge by clothing but they do I know Evil or Very Mad

I went to meet a client once in a fantastic mansion with helicopter on the front lawn. I approached a guy gardening in scruffy clothes and asked where I could find the owner - turned out he was the owner Laughing

Post #16764313rd Jul 2016 11:06 am
ste m

United Kingdom 

Tried another dealer today, same response on the new disco deposit, spotted a nice second hand rrsport though so i asked about a deal whilst there. My car is a discovery 4 hse luxury with black pack and tow bar as extras. 62k retail 9 months ago. they offered me ...............

40k. I openly laughed in his face. he said I got discount when the car was new as Im an employee so i should be happy with that. I pointed out that that has nothing to do with the price as its a privilege of being an employee. Im hoping this was because its against a second hand car but if not then it says a new disco loses 23k over 9 months which is shocking

Post #16770634th Jul 2016 8:10 pm
RDR

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

That dealer was taking the Pi$$, a dealer offered me something a lot lot LOT more than that for mine not so long back. Mines a Lux with every option and 13k on the clock and the dealer said demand is very high for them.

just checked on Approved and retail seems to be 50-55k for a year old one so he was trying to shaft you if it was part of a trade in deal!

http://www.usedvehicles.landrover.co.uk/search#/details/2683449
 MY06 S - Gone but not forgotten
MY12 HSE - Gone
MY16 HSE Luxury - Sold
MY20 D5 HSE - Sold
Current RR L460 PHEV 

Post #16770774th Jul 2016 8:27 pm
ste m

United Kingdom 

Yes i was expecting the high 40's, in fact i have a figure of about 48 in my head, my initial discount has nothing to do with my trade in price. All i can think is it was because it was against a used car.

Post #16770994th Jul 2016 9:03 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 88 of 164 <123 ... 878889 ... 162163164>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >