DISCO4.COM > Discovery 5 - L462

Next Discovery - Spy Shot Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 28 of 164 <123 ... 272829 ... 162163164>
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

den2013 wrote:
Looks like its been going around the Nuremburg.

Shocked Well afterall ...it is on trial Laughing
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #12920951st Jun 2014 8:00 pm
J77

Scotland 

chalky wrote:
J77 wrote:
It's neither, it's the Disco Sport.

So there's a Discovery like ours now ?
A discovery Sport
And a smaller discovery
?

Yes 3 models (possibly more) under the Disco name just like the Range Rover.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #12921281st Jun 2014 9:39 pm
jack.bauer

Discotres wrote:
That is as gay as can be, LR have officially LOST THE PLOT and FORGOTTEN its ROOTS.

RIP Land Rover, the lunatics have taken over the asylum, we are all officially being turned into pampered ponces Rolling Eyes WHY NOT leave the Sport for the ponces, the Evoques for dwarf hairdressers and keep the Discovery a lean mean functional manly machine?

why is the disco considered more of a functional manly machine over the rrs when they share the same chassis/engine?

Post #12941586th Jun 2014 8:42 am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Because the body is more practical.
 Darren

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia

New D4 BUILD THREAD - Old D3 BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER (over on Def2.net) 

Post #12941626th Jun 2014 8:49 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
jack.bauer

agreed it's more practical. but more "functional machine"?
rrs is just as much as a workhorse as the disco no?

Post #12941636th Jun 2014 8:51 am
LandRoverAnorak

United Kingdom 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Aintree GreenDiscovery 4

Whether described as practical or functional is just semantics. Regardless of engine/drivetrain, an RRS will not do a lot of the every day things that people do with their Discoverys because of its' size, shape or seating configuration. Therefore, when viewed as a whole, it's a less 'functional machince'.
 Darren

"You came in that thing? You're braver than I thought!" - Princess Leia

New D4 BUILD THREAD - Old D3 BUILD THREAD - EXPEDITION TRAILER (over on Def2.net) 

Post #12941656th Jun 2014 8:55 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

My point was the poncy interiors, you say these are work horses so why the poncy interior and no choice of basic. If used on a farm why would you want full leather, stereo, thick carpets e.t.c. I would like to see a basic model in each for the use they started out at, there is no choice now its poncy or leave it. Even the shape and stuck on mouldings that are liable to get ripped off are getting poncy looking, why not have a basic shell without the poncy boy racer stuck on plastic cr@p, and thats all it is, if you strip off the plastic you then have the raw car, tidy that up on a basic model making it rut and mud proof (so mud doesn't get into areas that will cause rust) and that would do me.

1. I don't buy a car to watch TV in, if I want to do that I will take an iPad, bigger screen, retina display, place it where I want, update at will = No contest

2. Sat Nav - I use my phone, why be tied to some archaic system when technology is there allowing you to free up a blocked area of dash and take it with you, also update free and choose the style you want.

3. Poncy leather - I can't stand leather, I have it in 3 cars and its a pain, cold, sloppy and need maintained, a good fabric or velour for me anyway, easy to clean and I don't then need to buy expensive covers to cover up what I bought.

4. Fully loaded - what the hell do I want to carry all that extra weight around for, side steps are a good example, archaic and mud traps, also ruin your trousers and just get in the way, also get ripped off when off road, only use is for dwarfs.

5. Auto - what the hell do I want to drive a eeee errrrrr ummmm eeeeee go kart for, I LOVE changing gears and having the CHOICE, I don't need to have a lazy auto system that has no soul and makes you feel like a fat American sitting with a Big Mac plus, Giant Cola and Fries cruising

6. Poncy hifi - What the hell do I want supposed hi class raido in a car for, its a car, it will NEVER give you the sound that a true hifi gives due to its surroundings so why try, I have top of the range hifi at home so if I want to listen to a record I do that at home. I'm in the car to drive and CONCENTRATE not jig to Abba on the A1 Rolling Eyes

7. Space - that is all important, the Disco is king at that, OK it looks like a bread van but at least its functional.

So lets see a working mans version, not that I work as Im retired but you know what I mean, there must be working people out there somewhere who want function over poncy Thumbs Up

The only part poncy thing I have in the car is an Espresso machine, but then that is removable and shows how you can personalise IF YOU WANT Wink

Post #12941916th Jun 2014 10:16 am
Pelyma

England 

Because you are a poncy Londoner you have no idea why a leather interior is actually the most practical. I can assure you blood, mud and Censored does not wipe off a velour interior it does from leather. When it is Censored down with rain and you have to jump in your car with your coat still on the wet has a tendency to water stain velour, it doesn't with leather. The only poncy bit that I can see about newer interiors compared to the D3 is that light coloured leather gets light coloured carpets that is plain wrong!
 DS3 TDV6 HSE - Silver with Alpaca (old one) Gone
DS3 TDV6 HSE- Silver with Alpaca (new one) Gone
D4 HSE Lux - Montalcino Red Gone
Porsche Cayenne V8 Diesel S 

Post #12942196th Jun 2014 11:04 am
Discotres

Our spray on mud wipes off easily, I don't see the problem, maybe you need plastic seats up there if you cr@p yourself going off road, our kerbs are pretty high here but I have never had an issue Whistle

Post #12942226th Jun 2014 11:06 am
Pelyma

England 

You need to check your GPS I'm down not up! If you have animals then there are times you get covered in Censored I'm afraid. There is a good reason animals choose to have leather on their backs, it is the most practical seat covering out there.

Post #12942706th Jun 2014 12:56 pm
Discotres

Ive got leather in my luxury cars but not in the bus, anyway my wife finds it slippy with her stockings on so I have to listen to her, also kids seats slide everywhere. Oh and an animal has living leather not dead leather, I had an upgrade to 'ruffled leather' in a Porsche, what a waste of money that was, was only ruffled until someone sat on it and squashed it, just poncy marketing, should have got plastic Rolling Eyes

Post #12942736th Jun 2014 1:05 pm
Pelyma

England 

If I were you I'd sell the D3 and stick with your Defner, you can show your mates how rufty tufty you really are and you won't have to worry about your wife's stockings then and you can play with your gear knob to your hearts content. Rolling Eyes Think of the money you'll be able to save in insurance, tax etc

Post #12943616th Jun 2014 3:42 pm
markbrads

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4
New Discovery Sport 2014

Sorry if its been done already Whistle

http://news.harwoods.uk.com/new-land-rover-discovery-sport/

Do we like this?

It is expected to start at around £25,000, and so will be cheaper than the Range Rover Evoque with its starting price of £30,000. You’ll get a lot for this price tag, including a Hot Fire 2.0-litre turbo charged petrol or diesel engine. These engines will be more energy efficient than before, and will emit less CO2, meaning that the all-new Land Rover Discovery Sport can confidently compete with the BMW X3 and Audi Q5 models.

The launch of this more compact SUV is part of Land Rover’s bigger ambitions to create three overarching pillars for its models. The ‘luxury’ pillar includes exuberant SUVs like the Range Rover Ultimate and the long-wheelbase Range Rover. The Defender families comprise the ‘dual purpose’ pillar, which intends to offering luxury and practicality in equal measures. The final ‘leisure’ pillar is where the Discovery Sport comes in, aiming to provide cost-effective fun due to the lower emissions and resultant lower road tax for this model.

Within the cabin, there is a larger touchscreen which is easy to use, coupled with a surround-view camera system. It’s a spacious cabin which aims to be as practical as possible. Despite the fact that the new addition to the range will have a similar footprint to the existing Evoque model, the manufacturer firmly believes that there is demand for both vehicles within the range; predicting that the SUV market will grow to 22 million annual sales by 2020.

If you’d like to learn more about the Land Rover Discovery Sport, check this news page regularly for more information. Alternatively, get in touch with us to find out more about the exciting new Discovery Sport 2014.

Baby Range Rover 8)

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Merged
 2018MY D5 Fuji White - Black Pack TD6 'HSE'
Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Roof Bars,
10MY D4 Zermatt Silver SDV6 'HSE' Auto
Side Steps, Mud Flaps, Roof Bars, RLD Wheel Protector.

08MY - Saab 93 Aero Convertible (Summer Fun)
06MY - Ford Galaxy GhiaX 1.9 150bhp (Madams Car) 

Last edited by markbrads on 7th Jun 2014 3:19 pm. Edited 3 times in total 
Post #12946797th Jun 2014 3:02 pm
spb

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 XS Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Looks not unlike a Toyota fortuner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_Fortuner

Used to drive one when I was living in Riyadh.......
 TD4 Freelader ES
TD5 Defender 90 Tombraider LE
TD4 Freelander Kalahari
Another TD5 Defender 90 Tombraider LE
TDV6 Discovery 3 SE
TDV6 Discovery 4 XS
TDV8 L405 Range Rover vogue SE 

Last edited by spb on 7th Jun 2014 3:13 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #12946837th Jun 2014 3:12 pm
dubbs

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Causeway GreyDiscovery 4

Sounds like they're really muddying the water to me.

Stretched discovery sport against RRS 7 seater

Discovery sport against 4 door Evoque

None of the models have a proper "place" anymore

Just hope they make a proper discovery and don't make it a defender lwb
 MY15 DIY Black Pack (Better than factory and half the price!)
Prospeed rock/tree sliders w/steps
HSE Winter wheels
TransK9 B24
Travall Cargo Guard
Hatchbag 

Post #12946847th Jun 2014 3:12 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 28 of 164 <123 ... 272829 ... 162163164>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >