Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Discovery 5 - L462

Next Discovery - Spy Shot Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 29 of 164 <123 ... 282930 ... 162163164>
sean 471

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 Pursuit LE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I think the front end looks well. But the rear is pants.

Post #12946867th Jun 2014 3:13 pm
J77

Scotland 

All I can say to those that think it's poncy or "gay" don't buy it, Land Rover have to move with the times, they are a buisness and have to go where the money is.

If Land Rover had stuck with only basic models they would've been bust along time ago. Those that want basic buy Dacia and stop complaining about everything Land Rover do.

I for one like it, and I can't wait to take delivery of my poncy Disco Sport with its poncy wipe clean leather compared to the horrid fabric on my D4 which is covered up with seat covers.

The poncy LRs are the best I've had 3 so called gaylanders and an Evoque all of which were faultless, my Disco 3 and 4 are mince, the 3 had to get a new engine at 2 1/2 yrs old and this 4 I've got has more rattles than mothercare.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #12950328th Jun 2014 2:26 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

Its horses for courses. I have had three Discoveries, a 3 one of the first 4's and the later $ with 8 speed box. Each one has been a significant step up. The D4 I have currently is rattle free, quite and really nice to drive. It gets used as a 4x4, off road on road as a family saloon and at weekends/holidays a tug for the tin tent.
I have driven a Freelander and thought it was a great vehicle but not for me, as with RRS and FFRR. However I love the look of the new concept and wait to see one in the flesh before I decide to order, I have also been talking to LR not a dealer and will probably wait for the new Discovery full fat.
There is not point in getting all up tight about it after al one life live it, at the end of the day they all come out of the same stable Thumbs Up
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #12950388th Jun 2014 3:10 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
chalky

England 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

That sounds terrible, clearly once you are out of the closet I'm sure some of that angst will subside, some terms given to cars are merely an extension to the name itself and not an expression of the owner itself !

Much like the Ford Mucas, it doesent mean you are going to die of double pneumonia ?

People are entitled to their own point of view Rolling Eyes

If you didn't want Cloth seats in a D4 why did you buy it ? Very odd ?
And where as your D3 was totally unreliable mines been excellent ! The best car I have ever had the pleasure of owning.

Freelander aren't for every one, personally I think they are OK but given the choice I wouldn't buy one likewise the Evoque ! Why ? It's just a freelander that you can't see out of ?
There's no doubt they are popular but so is One Direction and I don't like them either.

Different folks different strokes !
 Only dead fish go with the Flow !  
Post #12950408th Jun 2014 3:16 pm
J77

Scotland 

I bought a D4 that was in budget, hence the cloth seats. I was hoping it was going to be a step up from the 3 but other than the extra power it feels no better.

I don't have problems with anyone having an opinion and don't intend to cause any offence, I just got my tuppence worth in thats all. I didn't intend it to come over as uptight, I'm well aware of nick names for cars.

Don't get me wrong I love the D4 as a whole and love being in it, the vision concept looks great and IMO is the right direction for LR. I thought coming back to a Disco was the right move but this thread has brought out my fondness for the Freelander.

PS: I type this while wearing a salmon pink t-shirt. I'm single, I ware pink and owned an Evoque but I ain't gay Laughing but I does seem to get you places in the celeb world

Again apologies if it came across as uptight
Thumbs Up
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #12950508th Jun 2014 3:41 pm
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I'm sure its not the first time you have been up tight but just wanted to make it clear that I have no problem with poncy pricks having what they want, BUT not at the expense of the practical people who want the vehicle to do a job that it's good at, and that is carrying and ferrying, so all I want is a base model as there has been in the past, at the moment even a D4 is too good to get straight out doing farm work and being used as it was designed for, who the hell wants mud and dirt in a car with shiny wood trim, leather seats and plush white carpets, that is where they are losing the plot!

I do worry about the way the new generations are growing up, gone are the days of having the ability to mount a D Day invasion, the majority of people now are so concerned about shallow pathetic nonsense brand names and how they look and how they travel, it's all pathetic nonsense, as most are totally incapable of doing anything meaningful other than prance around with fake tan looking in mirrors or taking poncy selfies. FFS get a grip Rolling Eyes

Land Rovers heritage is not ferrying film stars and poncy pricks about, it is a work horse, rift tufty vehicle. The new managers are now following the easy money and selling the soul of the vehicle, just look at all the poncy evokes driving around, it's not hard to stereo type the people that drive these as most are parked outside hair salons or tanning shops Rolling Eyes

Lets haves a proper functional vehicle within the price range of the average normal non poncy person so they can be put to their intended use, the Disco 3 is a great family vehicle, no doubt about it Thumbs Up

Post #12951618th Jun 2014 7:30 pm
Hairy Dan

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Discotres wrote:
the majority of people now are so concerned about shallow pathetic nonsense brand names and how they look and how they travel,

Sounds like somebody we know Rolling Eyes
 Cheers Ian
--------------------
Club N.E.R.D.S
Kielder 4x4 Safari
Discoless 

Post #12951798th Jun 2014 7:47 pm
MHP

England 

I will say exactly what I said on the other thread about the Disco sport/disco5 Thumbs Up

I think it is starting to get a bit silly. Whatever LR decide to do we will either love it or hate it Thumbs Up there is nothing any of you can do about it! We all have an opinion on what they should do or how they should do it but sometimes opinions are meant to be thought but not said, however if they happen to be said aloud then don't bicker about each others Thumbs Up

This is a friendly forum, silly arguments/disagreements are not needed Whistle
 2009 Discovery 3 HSE - Gone
2019 Anniversary Edition D5 - Going
2019 HSE D5 - coming! 

Post #12951838th Jun 2014 7:50 pm
Discotres

Its fact, plain and simple for all to see Thumbs Up

Post #12951848th Jun 2014 7:51 pm
den2013

Austria 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

Can always get a Defender, thats a workhorse and it can be used with the family, granted its not a D4 and not as comfortable, but a workhorse is not meant to be as such.
 2015 D4 HSE LUX Kaikoura Stone(sold)
2010 D4 S Commercial Santorini Black(SWMBO)(sold)
2014 Evoque Dynamic Kaikoura Stone (sold)
2013 Porsche Boxster S (Fun car)
2008 D3 HSE Java Black(sold) 

Post #12951868th Jun 2014 7:53 pm
Discotres

I have a Defender 110 and a D3 GS, the D3 is perfect for using as a family bus, who the hell is going to be able to afford any of the new Disco's for the normal family adventures, they were affordable before and the Sport and FF left for the rich, now the Disco is being dragged up into ponce land as well, WHY?

In fact WHY have such capable vehicle being sold to people who have the money and will only ever see a 3" kerb, it's criminal Rolling Eyes

Post #12951898th Jun 2014 7:57 pm
euangibson

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Ok,I have an HSE so apparently I'm qualified to respond from the Poncy Pricks corner Rolling Eyes
I don't know who Dr Dre is,and I'm pretty sure my life is not disadvantaged by not having his headphones....
However,I do know who Victoria Beckham is,and if her association with LR increases exposure,and more importantly,revenues,to help fund new product development,then who am I to cast cynical comment
As has been said,it would have been change or die......yes,my car has the leather that so offends you,and it also has an uprated ICE system.....but it can,and still does what a Land Rover has always done,so what's the big deal ?.....why does a vastly funded and successful NVH development programme mean it's not a "real" Land Rover....it most certainly is.....
My car does go off-road,and is supremely capable.....it's my choice to get mud on the carpet,or gorse scoring down the flanks......the fact that I can put on a set of blingy 20's when I'm not doing that doesn't dilute the brand for me.
Don't let the fact that the range is now more luxurious,and vastly superior to previous models on road,confuse you into thinking LR is selling out,just be thankful there is still a marque to celebrate
 "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to speak out and remove all doubt" ?.....what rubbish...

Locking rear E-diff
RLD spare wheel protector & sump guard
Extended roof rails
Series 111 mudflaps
Black side tubes,grill and vents
Timed climate remote
Hids4u interior lights

D4 Firenze my2012 HSE
D3 Java 2005 SE manual (sold,sadly,thanks for the memories)
1966 '88 Series 2a....still starts in the morning better than I do... 

Last edited by euangibson on 8th Jun 2014 8:12 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #12951928th Jun 2014 7:58 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Discotres wrote:
Land Rovers heritage is not ferrying film stars and poncy pricks about, it is a work horse, rift tufty vehicle. The new managers are now following the easy money and selling the soul of the vehicle...

If they didn't cater for said "poncy pricks", then LR would not be in the position it is now Rolling Eyes
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #12951938th Jun 2014 7:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Discotres

Selling their soul it's called Rolling Eyes

But as a compromise why not keep a functional base model?

There is no Land Rover now, it's PONCE ROVER Rolling Eyes

Post #12951958th Jun 2014 8:01 pm
den2013

Austria 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

I'm sure you can, order the most basic one as a van, put rubber mats in and you have a work horse. if its too much we have to think that most things will evolve over time, look at the FFRR, compared to when they first came out they are miles apart.
 2015 D4 HSE LUX Kaikoura Stone(sold)
2010 D4 S Commercial Santorini Black(SWMBO)(sold)
2014 Evoque Dynamic Kaikoura Stone (sold)
2013 Porsche Boxster S (Fun car)
2008 D3 HSE Java Black(sold) 

Post #12951978th Jun 2014 8:05 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 29 of 164 <123 ... 282930 ... 162163164>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >