Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Discovery 5 - L462

Next Discovery - Spy Shot Thread
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 30 of 164 <123 ... 293031 ... 162163164>
Discotres

Scotland 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Evolve but keep your heritage, give me one good reason why anyone who has no intention of going off road needs a Land Rover with all it's capabilities?

I would rather see British families able to have and use them as they were intended rather than the rich Rolling Eyes

Post #12952008th Jun 2014 8:07 pm
Discotres

euangibson wrote:
Ok,I have an HSE so apparently I'm qualified to respond from the Poncy Pricks corner Rolling Eyes
I don't know who Dr Dre is,and I'm pretty sure my life is not disadvantaged by not having his headphones....
However,I do know who Victoria Beckham is,and if her association with LR increases exposure,and more importantly,revenues,to help develop new product development,then who am I to cast cynical comment
As has been said,it would have been change or die......yes,my car has the leather that so offends you,and it also has an uprated ICE system.....but it can,and still does what a Land Rover has always done,so what's the big deal ?.....why does a vastly funded and successful NVH development programme mean it's not a "real" Land Rover....it most certainly is.....
My car does go off-road,and is supremely capable.....it's my choice to get mud on the carpet,or gorse scoring down the flanks......the fact that I can put on a set of blingy 20's when I'm not doing that doesn't dilute the brand for me.
Don't let the fact that the range is now more luxurious,and vastly superior to previous models on road,confuse you into thinking LR is selling out,just be thankful there is still a marque to celebrate

Victoria Beckham, what a laugh and what a waste of space, it just shows how poncy they have gone and turning into a pure chav machine, they have sold their soul, better to die a dignified death than to cow tow to these pathetic creatures RIP LR

Post #12952028th Jun 2014 8:11 pm
den2013

Austria 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Kaikoura StoneDiscovery 4

Evolution is change and the world would be boring with out it, but deep down the heritage is still there, people that are not going to go off road still have the ability to do so if they wish too and won't get caught out in a freaky weather problem as much as the next person.
Most British families can't afford the car and if they can then running the thing will kill them, we came over for a month and i am not coming back for a long time as it was so expensive.
 2015 D4 HSE LUX Kaikoura Stone(sold)
2010 D4 S Commercial Santorini Black(SWMBO)(sold)
2014 Evoque Dynamic Kaikoura Stone (sold)
2013 Porsche Boxster S (Fun car)
2008 D3 HSE Java Black(sold) 

Post #12952068th Jun 2014 8:15 pm
Ken

Don't look poncy to me Whistle
Click image to enlarge

Post #12952088th Jun 2014 8:18 pm
Discotres

Well that is where the change needs to be, the cost of these poncy so called waste of space celebrities has to be paid for, all I am saying is there should be a basic model to keep some of the heritage, at least a family would have a chance of buying one.

As for the cost of living in the UK, yes it's crazy, unfortunately people are getting easy cheap money at the moment but that won't last, it's all going to go horribly wrong soon. I live in London and the value of houses is ridiculous, all spurred on by greed, I'm OK I have a lovely house but what about the youth of London or my grand children, where the hell are they going to live, how they will they afford a simple 4 bed detached for £1.2million? Just look up house prices in London, even the most 1 bedroom basic flat is £250k or so, scary!

Last edited by Discotres on 8th Jun 2014 8:25 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #12952118th Jun 2014 8:22 pm
Discotres

Ken wrote:
Don't look poncy to me Whistle
Click image to enlarge

Well it does to me, give me a Disco any day Thumbs Up

Post #12952158th Jun 2014 8:23 pm
Ken

Nah L405 every day
Click image to enlarge

Post #12952188th Jun 2014 8:26 pm
Discotres

Nice wheels on the left Wink Whistle

Post #12952218th Jun 2014 8:27 pm
J77

Scotland 

It probably isn't the first time I've been up tight and probably won't be the last, but it seems I ain't the only one.

The last time I checked my D4 it didn't have wood, white carpets, cruise control, auto lights, auto wipers, heated steering wheel, leather interior and big fancy alloys. LR still cater for those who want a basic car but most prefer all of the above and bring in a lot of money.

Most farmers in my area have ditched the basic defender for the D4 commercial or a better spec and cheaper Japanese pick up.

I do here what you say, and to a degree I agree with you but LR do need to move with the times. Look at Hyundai, I never in a million years thought one would set you back £30k.

Now let's move on and gets this thread back to normality

Thumbs Up
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green 

Last edited by J77 on 8th Jun 2014 8:32 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #12952238th Jun 2014 8:29 pm
Ken

Range Rover every time Thumbs Up

Post #12952268th Jun 2014 8:31 pm
Discotres

Give me one of those FF and I would have one, I can't afford one. My point is that there should be a peoples Land Rover without all the ponce so you can jump in it and go and play and use it as originally intended.

How can anyone not support there being a basic model at a more affordable price, think you lot are just too rich and have been sucked into the ponce brigade Rolling Eyes

Post #12952298th Jun 2014 8:34 pm
Ken

Thats US DT modding the 50k D3 when it was brand new yup too Rich Rolling with laughter

Post #12952338th Jun 2014 8:37 pm
euangibson

Scotland 2012 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Firenze RedDiscovery 4

Discotres wrote:
?...think you lot are just too rich and have been sucked into the ponce brigade Rolling Eyes

It takes a great deal to offend me,but you've managed,well done....
 "Better to remain silent and be thought a fool,than to speak out and remove all doubt" ?.....what rubbish...

Locking rear E-diff
RLD spare wheel protector & sump guard
Extended roof rails
Series 111 mudflaps
Black side tubes,grill and vents
Timed climate remote
Hids4u interior lights

D4 Firenze my2012 HSE
D3 Java 2005 SE manual (sold,sadly,thanks for the memories)
1966 '88 Series 2a....still starts in the morning better than I do... 

Post #12952398th Jun 2014 8:42 pm
Discotres

It's only people buying these vehicles that is making them more expensive with more ponce being added, think about the man in the street who is being deprived of ever owning one because of this including the addition of celebrity cr@p, what the hell does some no nothing celebrity have to do with a 4x4 never mind LR FFS.

As I said LR RIP, the ponces have taken over the factory Rolling Eyes

Post #12952438th Jun 2014 8:46 pm
J77

Scotland 

No one isn't supporting there being a more basic Land Rover but most car buyers want all the tech.

It would make it far easier for me if LR introduced a more basic model, but I would end up over speccing the car because I like a gadget. I came from a Fl2 XS with a fair few bits and pieces on it to a basic D4 GS and yes it has everything I need but I miss my heated wheel in the winter, I miss not being able to watch a DVD while waiting to pick someone up and I miss the nice looking piano black interior.

I love cars always have, I don't smoke or drink or go on fancy holidays, instead I spend my hard earned cash on a nice Land Rover which gives me enormous pleasure. Many people at work ask how I can afford it, but they spend a fortune everyday in the bakers or those sandwich places or on cigarettes. There is a Land Rover to suit most budgets, people just have to be realistic in life and buy what they can afford, the Freelander is affordable to most.

I want a Bentley Mulsanne, should they cater for me and introduce a basic car? Or Rolls Royce perhaps.
 23.5MY Defender 90 X-Dynamic SE D250 MHEV Pangea Green  
Post #12952668th Jun 2014 9:15 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 30 of 164 <123 ... 293031 ... 162163164>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >