Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 11 of 32 <123 ... 101112 ... 303132>
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

This should be the before and after shots.

Post #219439817th Dec 2020 7:19 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Laughing Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #219440817th Dec 2020 9:09 am
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

aja4x4 wrote:
This should be the before and after shots.

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Nearly wet myself laughing when I saw that. In all seriousness though, I actually nearly caught her last night, had her cornered after chasing the hooded figure into a dark alleyway, but then it dawned on me, she stabbed my tyres last time, chances are, she may have a knife on her, so waited at the end for a few minutes asking if she wanted to come out and play as she had forgotten to prop the gate with a 1 sided handle open for re-entry Laughing I then waited for a good 15 minutes by my car in hopes she would come out to play.

Then found out today that her sidekick in the same block of 4 flats has covid19 today. So glad I didn't get near her Shocked Rolling with laughter

Post #219454217th Dec 2020 9:09 pm
disco-nut

Anyway, a little more back on topic, my partner started digging the garden up, and his back gave out! Not good for an ex accountant forced into shelf stacking because of the pandemic which has meant I it didn't go to plan, and have had to hire professionals to come and dig out the soil. I have ordered more sub base and gravel too as the 2 quotes I received were, £180 to dig out tracks in the garden or £200 just to dig the full garden out. This does NOT include taking the soil away, so it is being bagged and put in the back garden. Advertised already free to collector, but my local tip who charge £4 per full rubble sack of soil and only allow 20 sacks a month at 5 sacks per visit and 4 visits per month maximum per household with booked slots in advance, and estimated 150-180 sacks of soil coming out! So with booking slots only being allowed 1 month in advance, I have booked 4 slots this month and 4 slots next month.
So may have to bend the rules slightly and get family in other counties to take sacks for me Whistle Laughing

So original plan was this:
(Red mark is a bush stump).

Click image to enlarge

Got this far when his back gave out...

Then decided, screw it, I am in big debt over this anyway, what's another £400 to add to that debt?!
And have opted for a full removal.

But this is only 1 side of the path that is being done, the other side will be done next year hopefully which is half the size of this bit.

Only down side is, I only ordered enough material for the tracks and not the full garden for a subbase, but the rest of the materials are being delivered on Wednesday and thankfully won't take long to put down. Just need more weed liner. This is also being done with the plans of having block paving done in the future. And now that this is being done, I don't plan on moving any time soon.

I am also being naughty and cutting the curb stone against my garden down by half.
Looking forward to getting this over and done with as 2 Censored who live a few doors up are moaning about the mud on the path during the digging and have already reported me to the council for the cars on the garden. Interestingly enough that will also mean that about half the residents on my road will end up with fines including good friends of theirs who have all converted gardens, most of them paving bricks and park on the gardens without a dropped curb! Not that I actually care.

But since recently parking my cars on the garden, when mud ends up on the path, my partner gets out there with the hose, broom and soapy water to clean it away.

But once it's done, they should quite moaning.

Post #219454717th Dec 2020 9:34 pm
DN
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Have you got any neighbours that aren’t insufferable Censored ‘s ? Laughing
 D3 owned from new, P017 brake recall, BAS FBHIC, new FBH, LR013487 oil pump, new water pump. RRS front lower suspension arms. New suspension compressor/ relay. New Denso alternator. CuNifer rear brake pipes. New GKN rear propshaft. New HPFP belt & tensioner. New A/C Condenser.NO WARRANTY for many many years. 

Last edited by DN on 18th Dec 2020 8:24 pm. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #219455917th Dec 2020 10:08 pm
disco-nut

To be fair, it's just 2 old men who aren't happy that I am working on my garden, but once it is over, they will be fine. However, Covid19 (fingers and toes crossed) may solve my problem across the road. Kirsty's sidekick was leaning out the window earlier coughing and saying she has covid19, who has been mixing with Kirsty who is still actively mixing with lots of people in and out of her property, so with any luck, Covid19 will drop 2 people from this planet. Then problem will be solved.

Post #219456517th Dec 2020 10:35 pm
CongoBoy

Zimbabwe 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

Wow!
I'm currently in the DR Congo, awaiting the mandatory days in the hotel whilst getting my COVID test to fly tomorrow. Have watched all the films (on a loop, changes every week) and have currently been into "Novelas" like really bad soapies, I think you call them.
But this saga has got me gripped!!
Seriously Disco-nut, I commented before, I feel 100% for you, but you are living a life that is extraordinary at this moment and has me transfixed!
I've been logging in just for your updates!
I just hope you catch the bitch red-handed!!
If you need any safe parking for your vehicles, I'm not far Eastbourne.

Cheers,
Congoboy
 2008 D3 HSE Stornoway Grey (UK)
2008 D3 HSE Izmir Blue- South African Spec. (Zimbabwe)
2005 FFRR SC V8- Java Black
1995 D1 300 Tdi Blue - (Sourced from the UK, shipped to Namibia, driven by me to RD Congo, then Zambia, now retired in Zimbabwe) 

Post #219457818th Dec 2020 12:39 am
disco-nut

Thanks congoboy, funnily enough, that is where my Range Rover is currently parked Laughing

Karma is in action at the moment though, gas leak found in front of her flat and they have been using loud digging machines, angle grinders etc... ALL DAY Rolling with laughter Tomorrow I have the butchest men I have met in a long time digging out the garden, and other people swearing, builders exposed bum cracks all offend her, so fingers crossed she gets to cop an eyeful and hear all the banter you can absorb from contractors Whistle Laughing

I will be having to hide my Freelander somewhere safe tomorrow as there is nowhere on the road where I can watch it while the work is being done, and the Discovery will be staying in front of the property where I can watch it during the work.

I now have the sill trim clips, so more than likely, I will be working on the Discovery on Christmas day.

Post #219468418th Dec 2020 6:01 pm
Ivan

United Kingdom 

Quote:
Tomorrow I have the butchest men I have met in a long time digging out the garden, and other people swearing, builders exposed bum cracks all offend her, so fingers crossed she gets to cop an eyeful and hear all the banter you can absorb from contractors Whistle Laughing

Don't forget to move the cars out of the way so she gets a good view and the sounds are not blocked. Rolling with laughter
 2013 RR Vogue SE SDV8
2013 Freelander 2 HSE Luxury SD4 

Post #219475419th Dec 2020 8:33 am
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

disco-nut wrote:
Thanks congoboy, funnily enough, that is where my Range Rover is currently parked Laughing

Karma is in action at the moment though, gas leak found in front of her flat and they have been using loud digging machines, angle grinders etc... ALL DAY Rolling with laughter Tomorrow I have the butchest men I have met in a long time digging out the garden, and other people swearing, builders exposed bum cracks all offend her, so fingers crossed she gets to cop an eyeful and hear all the banter you can absorb from contractors Whistle Laughing

I will be having to hide my Freelander somewhere safe tomorrow as there is nowhere on the road where I can watch it while the work is being done, and the Discovery will be staying in front of the property where I can watch it during the work.

I now have the sill trim clips, so more than likely, I will be working on the Discovery on Christmas day.

Hi mate

Sorry to hear ur still having so much agro wth that scum of the earth

Did make me laugh ref the workers , just thought of something that may also trigger her in epic proportions , play YMCA whilst there working , sniggering and would love to be a fly on the wall when she blows a gasket , like mrs bucket Rolling with laughter

Really hope things improve my friend and am so disgusted that people still have these views in the 21st century

Look forward to some more piccies plse of the finished drive

Post #219476319th Dec 2020 9:31 am
disco-nut

Well Shocked Think I managed to get myself ripped off. Not entirely sure as never had this kind of work done before. BUT... Half the garden still needs to be dug a further 10-20cm down, They said they could take the soil away for an extra £150, They took 3 tons, So ended up paying £400 instead of £250 for what was a days work, in fact the company spent 3.5 hours physically working, the rest they were away, turned up at 8.30, left at 3.30, were away in the van most of that time getting food, then taking selfies and making calls whilst here. Only plus side is they leant me the compactor in exchange for me disposing of 1 ton of soil that they left behind. Got that until Wednesday. However now got to hire someone else to come in and finish the job. And forgot to mention, despite telling them that my internet cable was under the garden and roughly where it was, they still managed to cut it Shocked Laughing

Sadly, they would have gotten on well with the woman across the road. But anyway, job half done, including removing the bush stump which helps and the curb stone has been smashed down so now also got to buy more concrete to repair that and put it to where it needs to be for my easy maintenance garden. But I wouldn't have gotten as far as I have without them. Just in a truck load of debt, and now with extra lockdown measures in place and being in the next town along from the dirty Censored where a new mutated strain of covid apparently started, It is a case of hunkering down and hoping for the best. I suppose at least I won't need to put any extra fuel in my cars for a while.

But of course, can't have me rambling on like a moron without pictures...

Post #219486219th Dec 2020 5:44 pm
aja4x4

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Just put membrane down and fill it with gravel it will be fine

Post #219489319th Dec 2020 7:11 pm
disco-nut

No lip to catch anything as the cars are driven off. Going to dig another 20cm down and do it properly, got the membrane ready, not actually got enough sub base as yet. Got another delivery coming on Wednesday but have been told I will more than likely need another 4 bags of sub base. Which leaves me with a problem! The plan is, dig the hole to where it needs to be tomorrow. Then Wednesday once the rest of the bags arrive, can put the membrane down, then what sub base I do have down, compact it, then stick the gravel on top and compact that, but because the concrete curb stones were smashed out and not left any smooth surface, got to put a concrete edge in at the front which is only costing £15 in materials. Shame I don't have all the materials here already to be honest as tomorrow is going to be the best day to do this job. Might get away with putting membrane down for the amount of sub base I do have, just to get the cars back on for a couple of nights, then Wednesday can finish the job. But tomorrow is going to be vital to getting it ready.

This has definitely been a learning curve! And it is really annoying having to tether the internet to my phone Laughing But seeing the drive/easy maintenance garden as it it now, has actually given me a lot of stress relief in the fact that I am 1 step closer to being able to get my cars on and off the road without tracking mud everywhere. I just hope it turns out worth it spending this money on this property as it is something I have always wanted.

And the 2 angrier than me old men a few doors up are happier now they have seen what is happening and aren't as angry anymore as they know the mud will stop very soon.

I wonder how long I will be able to get away with not applying for a dropped curb Rolling with laughter
So far 1 neighbour has said 15 years and not a word with tarmacked drive Laughing Another has actually been cheeky enough that they dropped the curb without permission from the council and found a company to do it on the quiet and again, nothing has been said, it has even been dug up twice for gas works and put back Rolling with laughter

But I will get permission first, as I guarantee I will be the one that gets caught Rolling with laughter

Anyway, new contractor coming out tomorrow, my partner is hopefully going to work with him.

Post #219494919th Dec 2020 10:43 pm
disco-nut

This easy maintenance garden Laughing is a real pain the Censored getting done. However the guy I hired today worked much harder than the company that were paid yesterday. But not all of it was done today, so annoyingly and at more expense, the same guy who came today is coming back tomorrow for the day which will mean tomorrow all the digging will be done. So Wednesday completion date is in sight now and is a realistic completion date thankfully. Then I can start working on the Discovery.

120 bags so far of soil that needs to be disposed of Rolling with laughter I guess I will be making regular tip runs for at least 6 months.

Small issue surrounding potentially not having enough materials, but was resolved with my Mum giving me the extra money saying it would be classed as an early Birthday present Laughing

Thankfully B&Q let me double my order for delivery on Wednesday, so no doubt it will be finished on Wednesday now, even if it is raining.

The Discovery is going to be taking lots of bags of soil to the tip over the next 6 months.
Looking forward to getting this over and done with as I have a room full of parts that are waiting to be fitted back onto the Discovery. And really looking forward to doing it on my own drive. Yes I know, it's only a drive, but it actually means a lot more to me then that.

I have noticed something with my Discovery though, It seems to stall way to easy. Might just be me as I have been stalling the Freelander a lot lately when I have been getting it on and off the garden before it was dug up. Other then that, I don't stall them.

Post #219512320th Dec 2020 7:05 pm
defector

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

In our area, the tip runs go off the registration number and not the address, so as we have more than one vehicle, they are used in turn.

Post #219520420th Dec 2020 11:54 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 11 of 32 <123 ... 101112 ... 303132>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >