DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 10 of 32 <123 ... 91011 ... 303132>
James W

Saudi Arabia 

Shocked WTF
 D4 XS, gone, much loved, never forgotten
2018 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography - Gone to someone with less sense and more time to enjoy it Very Happy
2016 Toyota Hilux Invincible - Liberating experience 

Post #21908662nd Dec 2020 11:41 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Thats crap. Sorry to hear that. Time to start to squeeze the Police through your MP and the press. Just keep your coolant don't do anything foolish. Buy lots of CCTV cameras and a motion sensitive alarm connected to a camera.
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #21909262nd Dec 2020 3:10 pm
defector

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

This is not acceptable, i remember as a youngster having a family of miscreants causing hell around us and it went on for some time.
It was not pleasant and the police could only do so much without direct evidence.

The final straw came when i saw one kick my sisters car and put a big dent in the rear side boot area.
The police were not called as i pretty much knew nothing would be done.

This was pre Pulp Fiction era, but the next move was similar to Marcelus Wallace calling his 'couple of hard pipe hittin.....................'

They moved out a month later.

I suppose there was some advantage to being schooled in Moss Side Shocked Shocked Whistle Whistle

Post #21909472nd Dec 2020 5:23 pm
Journeyman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

WTF! That’s bloody ridiculous. As Moo said, get onto your MP and a formal complaint to your Police Commissioner plus local press. And the housing association again as get her moved.

Don’t do anything yourself as it will just backfire.

Take care.
 Cheers,

Jez

Discovery 3 HSE Stornaway Grey
MY 2008 2.7 TDV6

Discovery 2 2003 - gone 

Post #21910232nd Dec 2020 9:10 pm
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Already told the police now that next time it happens, when I catch the people doing it, they will need critical medical attention when I catch them in the act and I will reveal on social media and anywhere that will listen who it is that has become injured, then the police can do what they like. Snapped is where my head is already at!

Collecting new wheels for the Freelander today, this allows me to get replacement tyres on the original set and keep them in the garden as spares. I now have a spare set of wheels for all Land Rovers in my household.

But getting back to my Discovery, I popped up to the bodyshop, delivered a massive box of biscuits as an excuse to pop in Whistle Rolling with laughter and not cheap nasty biscuits either, and as it turns out, my Discovery hasn't been started yet, Because of everything that is happening, I told them I am a little more flexible with the time. I will use the Freelander for the smaller towing jobs, and keep gradually collecting little bits and pieces for the Discovery as I go. I can see a big weekend of tarting up the Discovery ahead of me. And I am actually looking forward to it.

Post #21914304th Dec 2020 3:43 pm
disco-nut

Really missing my Discovery now. After visiting the blue one in storage, and my RR springing an oil leak, so the Freelander has been moved over ready for recovery tomorrow night as it is off to the garage to have the diff oil changed. I tried to get the filler plug off myself, It is not coming for me Rolling with laughter So old diff in the boot to go with the car. But the Freelander is no Discovery 3.

Really can't wait to this Discovery back.

Post #21927849th Dec 2020 9:51 pm
disco-nut

Wow, Can't believe I am getting to say this, I learnt today that giving huge boxes of biscuits without expectations gets your car pushed to the front of the queue Rolling with laughter So have been up 3 times today as they needed brackets, then after the 2nd run, I dawned on me, that 1 bracket is having to be welded on in addition to the bolts, and they didn't have the sidestep to line the brackets up, so had to squeeze a sidestep in a little Agila and nip it up to the bodyshop. Thankfully they are 1 mile from me. I can actually see the workshop from the 1st floor of my house Shocked Laughing

But my Discovery will more than likely be done by tomorrow Shocked and to the guys surprise, I was like, woooooah, that's a bit quick Laughing Got to organise a safe space for it. May have to collect the Discovery and leave it elsewhere for a night or 2 where it isn't known.

Feeling excited at the idea of getting my car back though.

(I snuck a picture when no one was looking Whistle Laughing )

Post #219292410th Dec 2020 3:08 pm
BenRK

United Kingdom 

Mate looks like you are having a hell of a time with your neighbour

Some advice. Neighbour complaints are literally the worst thing to deal with as regardless of police action or intervention you are still going to live next to that woman and her mindset isn't going to magically.change overnight. She is always going to have these issues against you.

You need to invest in some good quality cctv, doesn't need to be expensive but perhaps an IP camera or two at the highest resolution you can find, strategically placed to cover all your vehicles and property. Also potentially look in to getting a wildlife camera you can place where conventional cctv might not work.

Ask to speak with your local neighbourhood Policing team by phoning 101. There should be a pc and pcso dedicated to your particular area who might be able to help. If this crime is hate motivated which I believe it is then it must be recorded as such, and is more difficult to 'close' and will likely have a slightly higher pressing for police than standard criminal damage

This woman is going to have to be caught in the act, by forensics, cctv or by a witness. I would suggest your best chance is through CCTV as it cant be argued with.

Post #219292810th Dec 2020 3:27 pm
disco-nut

CCTV is up, thanks to the pandemic and facemasks, a legally prosecutable identification is not possible as the mask covers enough of the face to legally challenge the identity of the person in the footage. Right now, without a confession and DNA evidence, or being caught red handed in the act in person, criminals have free reign and are running rings around the police!

But on a positive note, the original estimate for the welding was £400, I spent about £150 on the ready to weld panel, and gave the bodyshop a box of biscuits, and ended up with a £300 bill from the bodyshop including stone chipping the sill and them collecting and delivering the car from and to my house.

My Discovery will be going back late next year to get on top of the other sill which isn't actually rot YET, just corroded on the edge at the moment. And even better, they parked it directly outside the womans flat (without meaning to), which set her off Rolling with laughter She was screaming inside the block of flats for over an hour before I drove off in my Range Rover even though I parked the Discovery on my garden before I left.

So my Range Rover is now being moved around Eastbourne for the next few months in safe locations. I have handed the main key over to my Mum, but I have a tracker so will know where it is at all times. So that is 1 car out of harms way.

The sidestep brackets have been fitted, but I have got to get the rot metal off the plastic trim before I put that back on the car and then fit the new sidestep itself to the car to make it safe and legal. (Should be tomorrow that I do this).

Then the garden will start to have tracks dug out where it is going to become solid off road parking.
Then we will see what happens with the neighbour issue. If she gets injured/arrested/evicted or if moving becomes an option for my end, but really is a bad option at the moment.

Looking forward to getting stuck in on getting this Discovery sorted.

Post #219319511th Dec 2020 5:24 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Is it possible to wire the discovery to a mains live feed - that would give the nasty b*tch a shock if she scratched it again! Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #219322311th Dec 2020 7:04 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Laughing

Or a 'smart water' spray activated on a motion sensor. Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder
Duratrac tyres
IID BT
BAS FBH control 

Post #219327411th Dec 2020 10:35 pm
disco-nut

Problem with the smart water spray is it is a through road, and tons of people walk past and drive past every day, so dozens of people at the very least would end up sprayed with smart water as would lots of cars lol. But interesting idea, and wondering what the costs of implementing that idea would be.

Currently on the look out for a bait car or van that is ready for the scrappy mechanically but can be polished and made look smart, even if I have to tax it and insure it short term to see if she can be caught in the act.

But anyway, police have been trying to get in touch about the damage to the Freelander tyres, but to be honest, emotionally, I am currently at the stage where I feel no point in the police even bothering to waste my time getting statements and photo's etc... as they aren't going to be able to do anything about it. I actually HAD physical proof and further evidence from that incident that would on the day it happened and was reported, would have got her. But now, because over a week passed before they attempted to get in touch, that evidence became unusable! I will text the fake officer tomorrow and let him know just how much the police have failed, and any residual faith that they could bring justice to the situation has now evaporated.

But in light of what is happening, I didn't want to put a bullseye on the vehicles here, so making use of the dark and the rain Whistle I gave my Discovery and the Campervan a wash. That was also because the campervan was starting to go green with mould in places despite being used a few weeks ago Laughing (I actually washed where I could reach without taking the Discovery off the garden Laughing )

Wednesday we start digging tracks into the garden so the sub base and gravel can go down, which will mean no more mud on the path. (We do clear it).

And once that is done, then I can put the gazebo up and the sides, get the electric patio heater out and get the primed area's painted and lacquer put on. I will also swap panels over that need swapping and get all the goodies back on, including the new side step.

I sold my trailer to get it out of the way as well as it needed work before I could use it, so couldn't utilise it for the off road parking work, and needed he space for material to be delivered on Wednesday.

So sort of on the look out for another ready to use trailer.

Post #219368713th Dec 2020 8:27 pm
disco-nut

Well the material for the off road parking arrived, but motivation to dig vanished as quick Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Click image to enlarge

So I think I know what either Christmas eve or boxing day are going to consist of..... Painting the D3. I might get it done sooner but doubtful. Currently waiting for 2 deliveries of trim clips so I can put the sill cover back on and bolt the sidestep on. Then at least I can legally drive the Discovery again. But very 1st job before the painting is done, is the off road parking. And I need to get a smallish trailer that needs no work at all to use straight away so that I can take the soil to the tip asap.

Post #219436816th Dec 2020 11:54 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Should have got an extra bag of hardcore delivered into the old bag across the roads doorway!
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #219437417th Dec 2020 12:17 am
disco-nut

Hardcore is too good for her, Manure on the other hand is something I am thinking about. Trouble is, where I know it used to be given away free by the ton, now is charged, and I don't really want to spend money on any revenge Rolling with laughter But there is going to be a sea of some sort of poo all up her little escape route for her to tread back into her hole at some point when I get a new trailer sorted. Which has got to be soon Laughing Just need a small trailer for about 10 runs to the tip, then I can get rid of it and make space again.

Post #219437917th Dec 2020 12:23 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 10 of 32 <123 ... 91011 ... 303132>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >