Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 32 <123 ... 567 ... 303132>
lard

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

What Moo says - vinyl wrap an option? You could go even more green Shocked Very Happy

Gutted for you, hope they throw the book at person responsible, no place for any kind of prejudice in this day and age, we've enough problems already without this kind of hatefulness

Click image to enlarge

Post #218661013th Nov 2020 2:10 am
gstuart

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Plus 1 as That’s a great call ref the wrap Thumbs Up

really hope they throw the book at her , indeed as mentioned I’m also very shocked and disgusted in this modern age that some people think it’s ok to treat anyone like this

Hope it all gets sorted out and am so sorry that this individual has disrespected u in such a hurtful manner and please know the rest society of today likes u for who u are

Just so angry by some people’s actions towards another in such hate

Sorry rant over, Plse let us know how things go Thumbs Up

Post #218661513th Nov 2020 4:32 am
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Thanks for the kind messages, been dealing with this all morning with the insurance company and accident repair centre. Insurance company heavily suspect it will be written off. Accident repair centre decided based on the description and I think because of the words they may be embarrassed to have a car with those words scratched on it on there forecourt that they wanted photo's sent in by email Rolling with laughter and basically been told if it isn't easy light scratch repairs, it will most likely exceed the cost that they deem too much to repair. I have lost 2 years NCB because of this, But I think that if it is written off, I am going to change the wheels to 19" Wheels, take the grill off of it and the Range Rover software sat nav screen and the light guards, and more than likely sell it on. I am struggling to look at the car at the moment without it reminding me of everything that the horrible woman has put me through. So may sell it on and get another D3. We will see.

Post #218671513th Nov 2020 1:25 pm
disco-nut

Actually thinking about just using a touch up kit and keeping the car here as that will show that I will not be beaten, then when she is gone, I can get the paint sorted properly, obviously depending on the outcome of the final insurance companies decision.

Post #218675113th Nov 2020 5:04 pm
ronp

United Kingdom 2014 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Corris GreyDiscovery 4

Really sorry to hear of your woes.

But if you go through the expensive and time consuming repairs or even buying another D3, surely the mad woman across the road will just do the same again (or get somebody else to do it for her).
If she's mad enough to do this in the first instance, you just don't know what she's capable of!

Best of luck to you. Thumbs Up
 I was a normal heterosexual chap, but in these new woke awakenings I now identify as a Wardrobe.  
Post #218675613th Nov 2020 5:28 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Sickening. Why someone’s sexuality should trouble anyone else is beyond me, but sadly this is far from an isolated incident. Twisted Evil

Best wishes with getting it all sorted. Thumbs Up
 2006 D3 HSE (Original & still the best)-GONE
2010 D4 HSE (A bit bling)-GONE
2014 D4 HSE (Almost too bling)-GONE
2015 D4 HSE (A heated what?)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Written Off)-GONE
2016 D4 Landmark (Surely the last!) PD1881 rims-GONE
2017 FFRR SDV8 Autobiography 

Post #218675713th Nov 2020 5:29 pm
Gareth
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

This is terrible, I feel very sorry that you have to live with this. There are some very bad people around.

I’d also be getting that car wrapped. It’s not worth involving insurance, as you know, they will write it off.

Post #218676913th Nov 2020 6:32 pm
disco-nut

Insurance is already involved, waiting to hear back as to whether the accident repair centre are wanting to bring the car in or if the photo's I sent in were enough. Oddly the 2nd nearest arp is a Mercedes dealer. But insurance company is more than happy leaving the car with me as it saves them storage and also already stated on the system that I either way the car is coming back to me, and have stated it is not at any point to go near copart Rolling with laughter I am actually hoping it is written off now, gives me some money to fix this up more and also get something else that I am after. It won't be placed in harms way once fixed. It was going to head down to my parents, but have changed my mind, It will be living on my garden and the Range Rover is going to head down to my parents to live until this is over, which means I will be trusting my Mum to drive my V8. Bearing in mind she poo'd herself driving the TD6 Range Rover that I had as she found it very powerful Rolling with laughter

So with this one, it is a case of just replace all the bolt on panels, and get the rear quarter panels painted. I recon I will be in for a £600 bill, hopefully less to do all of this. But most will be done by me.

Post #218677813th Nov 2020 7:08 pm
Journeyman

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I’ve followed your posts as to how you have given your Tonga Green beauty a new lease of life.

I couldn’t pass this post by and not comment. I’m shocked and disgusted by the actions of the people that did this and really hope the full force of the law gets behind this as a hate crime. We have gay and lesbian friends and feel really upset when people face prejudice and discrimination due to their sexuality.

Wishing you all the best and good luck with whatever you choose to do with the car.

Post #218678113th Nov 2020 7:17 pm
lard

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

disco-nut wrote:
Actually thinking about just using a touch up kit and keeping the car here as that will show that I will not be beaten, then when she is gone, I can get the paint sorted properly, obviously depending on the outcome of the final insurance companies decision.

Something like this would also stick 2 fingers up at them Rolling with laughter

Click image to enlarge

Post #218679813th Nov 2020 7:55 pm
SteveKK

Ukraine 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 4

I've read this with tears in my eyes. How can someone do this to another human? The damage to you car is bad enough, but also the additional stress this will cause. This is a hate crime and anyone committing such as offence needs to be heavily punished. There is no place for behaviour like this in our country.

I hope there is a speedy resolution and that you can feel safe in your own home. Don't let these people drive you out of your home.

Regards,
Steve

Post #218687914th Nov 2020 10:09 am
disco-nut

I am seriously considering actually buying a pride flag and sticking up at the front, or painting my trailer in pride colours while it is being restored which will take me at least 6 - 8 months I think.

I have contacted a couple of companies who wrap cars, and..... Not happening. £1800 without ay scratches to smooth. 4 companies so far have requested that I take the car to them to assess how bad the scratches are.

I can't live with the passenger rear door damage as it is as it is severe, so at the very least, that will be replaced with a used door.

I have an electric patio heater specifically bought for little paint projects that I used to do in winter, so with a huge thanks to buzzweld (I don't know the name of the person from buzzweld), who are making me up a touch up kit and getting it out to me, I will rub the panels down where it has obscenities in them, and get them touched in. Don't worry, I am not stupid enough to follow the lines and make the words stand out even more Laughing

But I will admit, on an emotional level, this has taken more of a toll on me than I thought it would. I have not slept properly since the day this happened. I actually received threats the same day in the evening (again caught on camera), for calling the police! This was from people I have never met, but who are friends with the person who is instigating all of this.

I nearly set up in the campervan to sleep to try and catch them in person if they did anything again.

Really don't know what to say, although it has knocked me for 6 all the support that I have received. Thank you.

I understand that people won't like who I am. But why get invested in making sure that your view is heard? I don't care if she talks behind my back amongst her friends. But this is beyond a joke. Every single police officer I have spoken to, including the operators on the phone from Kent police all know Kirsty very well for her behaviour. Obviously haven't told me what she has done, but heyho.

I have actually been naughty anyway. I may have agreed a deal for some D4 lights, they don't have resistors though, but I am getting the D4 lights tomorrow.

They look a bit odd to me, and I won't be fitting them until after the insurance company have made there minds up.

And I am hoping to get the bodywork all done for under £1000 including replacement panels by doing most of the work myself. I just need to find somewhere under cover where I can do everything to my car.

Post #218705514th Nov 2020 8:53 pm
kajtzu

Finland 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Sorry to hear about your experiences - sounds truly awful. If you have it all on cctv, can’t you sue the bat s..t crazy lady and make her pay for the damages?

Post #218706814th Nov 2020 9:50 pm
disco-nut

The footage shows it being done, but, although she wears distinctive clothing, hooded coat, and awaiting the police to collect the footages as there is facial shots but not very clear and need them to clean them up. Also pointless suing her even if she is charged as she lives in a housing association studio flat, the only stuff she owns is the skunk in her baccy pouch and the mould on the walls. So even if a CCJ was issued and even if I went to High Court and sent bailiffs, they wouldn't recover any money at all as she is literally broke.

I have however given her and her accomplices full names and addresses to my insurance company and have agreed to attend court if they pursue her. The insurance company made me do a voice signature and it actually say, Do you agree to attend court to assist us in retrieving damages. My response wall HELL YES and the woman the other end can be heard giggling at that. Lovely woman handling the claim so far.

The best outcome I can hope for is for her to move. The other problem I have as well is I can't even apply to transfer to another property in this county for another 18 months as I did a mutual exchange to get to Kent to cut my driving time in half for hospital appointments in London when I was having to go most weeks. And my current location is spot on for my partners work, for family to travel to me, also I employ a carer for me, so moving also means I would have to re-hire staff. It is just way to complicated.

I have however taken to publishing my story on several social media platforms.

I am going to shut up about this now for tonight as it is extremely depressing and I must be boring the hell out of any pore sod who is reading this.

Going to try and keep away from the auction site and facebook market place and not spend anymore money. Looking forward to walking my dog in an old area I used to live while collecting my lights in a socially distant manner enroute to the supermarket for some essential groceries Laughing

Post #218707014th Nov 2020 10:05 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

I don't doubt it has knocked you for six but you seem to have a plan and focus so hopefully with time you'll be able to put it behind you.

Just a thought, an I'm no lawyer, but I'm not sure you should naming or identifying her in anyway whilst the police are involved and there might be a prosecution. If any social media stuff is presented in here defence claiming she won't get a fair trial, then it might not go to court and she won't get prosecuted.

Anyway, good luck in wha you do going forward. I'd defiantly get a flag. Thumbs Up
 New Defender L663 110 SE (known as Noddy!)

Sold Volvo XC90 R-Design (known as Basil)

Sold - D4 HSE (Known as Gerty)

No longer the Old Buses original owner Sad
231,000 miles and counting
05 S manual owned from March 2005
D4 Face lifted
Still original injectors and turbo
V8 Front brakes
BAS Remap, Allisport Intercooler and deCat
EGRs blanked
T-Max split charge
Hanibal Expeedition rack
Prospeed ladder