Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > My Discovery 3

My 2004 Tonga Green D3
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 7 of 32 <123 ... 678 ... 303132>
disco-nut

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

Don't worry, multiple people with the same name on my road, never used a picture of her or given a last name.

Post #218708314th Nov 2020 10:54 pm
darrind

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Cant believe what Ive read here, that nasty woman needs to be pursued for the the hate crime she has committed and thrown out of her property by the landlords, Im sure there will be something in her tenancy agreement they can use to do this, and you can approach them directly to take action. We had someone harassing one of my employees in the past due to the employees disability, and their housing association had them removed very promptly.

Due to Covid it may take a little more time but there is every possibility they will treat it as a severe reason to take prompt action and can due to this ignore some of the Covid restrictions - https://england.shelter.org.uk/housing_adv..._behaviour

I really hope this gets sorted quickly, don't let the nasty B1tch win! Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Must stop buying shiny toys....  
Post #218710114th Nov 2020 11:55 pm
disco-nut

The landlord is also involved, however because the woman has mental health issues, and although they seem keen to have a reason to evict her, they need solid proof backed by a police conviction sadly. So it's getting from the catching her and the police acting on it to actually getting her prosecuted before the rest falls into place. This is going to be long roller coaster. Although I have been looking at the auction site at possibly getting a large flag of certain multiple colours to display.

But for now, despite the extra expense, I have found a banger I like for under £300, If my D3 is written off next week, as soon as the money is in my bank, I will be getting something super cheap, super scruffy, so that it being damaged won't be as much of a problem as now. My Range Rover is heading down to my parents, I have told my landlord that I will be having a car on the garden long term, so the D3 or if I replace it with a different one, whatever car I have for towing which will be a D3 of some sort, will be stored on my garden, and only taken off when using for towing, but looking at a gold 99 V Ford Mondeo Estate, held together with gaffer tape Laughing and has a towbar so can use it for smaller trailers if needed.

It is ridiculous that it has come to this. If it comes to MOT time for the Range Rover, I will get it MOT'd and more than likely put it into storage with the blue D3 at £35 a month until this situation is resolved. Don't know yet. I am trying to plan ahead, but not thinking straight enough at the moment to put a definitive plan together. It will literally boil down to the outcome of the decision of the insurance company.

I would also normally say, I feel bad for the kids who walk past the Discovery to and from school everyday having to read those words, but in all honesty, around here, they use that language daily anyway.

Post #218711015th Nov 2020 12:22 am
disco-nut

I know I haven't gotten the outcome of the claim for my Discovery yet, but knowing whatever happens, I will have a D3, I went and collected a pair of genuine Land Rover D4 lights at a bargain price because someone had done some sort of weird tint job on them. I couldn't tell initially from the original photo's, I assumed that they were covered in overspray from body panels being painted, but luckily just tinted in weird ways.

So I used paint wipes and a screwdriver applying pressure to start removing it, before I remembered that there is tint removal spray available. So have reserved some at Euro Car Parts which will be collected Tuesday along with lens scratch remover as I accidentally put 1 light scratch in the lights I was working on.

Also I am aware that resistors are needed, so instead of spending £10 at a certain company, I went directly to the place they also get them from and got a pair of resistors less than £5 delivered Laughing As soon as they arrive, I will fit them to the lights. I won't be fitting the lights just yet though.

Before...

So far...

Post #218728115th Nov 2020 9:56 pm
disco-nut

After a long wasted day and no contact from my insurance company, I bought some tint remover spray, amazing stuff Shocked
Got all the tint off mostly with ease, now I just need the resistors to come so I can fit them and then fit them either to this car or the next D3 that I get.
Each photo is a before and after together for each light done today.

I will be chasing my insurance company tomorrow, but I am guessing by the fact that the accident repair centre haven't made any attempt to arrange collection of the car, that it probably is being written off. Just assuming at this stage. I really don't know what to expect anymore.

It is driving me nuts now though the car being sat there and not being able to use it. Especially as my Range Rover is currently unusable and my partners C-Max now keeps breaking down Laughing

Post #218763517th Nov 2020 5:33 pm
disco-nut

Here goes nothing.... Time to ring my insurance company and chase them up. I feel really nervous for some reason.

Post #218781418th Nov 2020 12:33 pm
disco-nut

CAT N write off Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry Big Cry

On the phone awaiting the valuation argument.

I am buying it back though.

Post #218781618th Nov 2020 12:42 pm
disco-nut

They can't access the file as the case handler is still logged in and has gone to lunch Rolling with laughter So can't make me an offer yet.

However, I am going to take the following steps later today...

I am going to be advertising this car as it is with the vandal damage but with a standard grill, no light guards and the original 19" wheels for sale pretty cheap with an honest description, if I get a near enough offer to the asking price within the time it takes me to get the paint through to disguise the obscene words, then it can go to a new owner, But if it has not sold by that time, (shouldn't be more than a week), then I will be removing it from sale and keeping it.

So once the money has come through from this being written off, all hell will break loose and I will be going hell for leather to repair the car. Yes I know I am risking it getting damaged again, but I will be taking extra measures to help prevent this. Once my Range Rover has another air compressor in the boot, I will be getting that down to my parents or up to a garage then to my parents to be stored for now, whatever Discovery 3 I end up with will be parked on my front garden, leaving only my partners work car and the campervan on the road for now.

Post #218782018th Nov 2020 12:59 pm
disco-nut

I have gone ahead and made progress as far as sourcing parts has gone, I have managed to buy a bonnet for £40, passenger doors and front bumper with parking sensors for £170, ordered a spray can of Tonga Green from a company I used before as the free paint kit I was told about hasn't come yet, (Not hassling them for it as it is free), I already have primer and lacquer from a previous project, just 1 wing to find now. So far that lot including the fuel to collect it all will come in at under £300. Just need new bonnet letters.

Still for sale though until I get around to fitting the parts and painting the rear quarter panels myself.

Post #218787718th Nov 2020 5:31 pm
Grumpydog

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

What a bitch. Still too much prejudice in this world.
The trouble is, in my mind, if you get rid of the Disco and replace with a banger, it would feel as though she has a small victory over you. I would keep it (if the buy back is low enough) and do something with it (rattle can in satin black, Mr Chinas favourite) or maybe run it through her flat?
My eldest son is gay (or so he says, never seen him with anyone but time will tell) and I do worry about him as there have been homophobic assaults by youths at our local train station a while ago (he uses the train for getting to university). He is very timid and would never fully stand up for himself but if anything happened to him I would find them and I have 2 large mean looking dogs (unfortunately they are softer than melted chocolate but they wouldn't know that!)
 2004 Disco 3 HSE TDV6
2015 Audi Q5 S Line plus
2008 Audi A4 Avant S Line Black Edition. Gone
2005 Chrysler Grand Voyger. Gone 

Post #218788018th Nov 2020 5:37 pm
ballast

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 HSE Lux Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Just a quick note of support in what is clearly a horrid situation.

My third (? I think) D3 was a Tonga green V8 (pics still in my gallery I think). Loved it.

Don't let imbeciles get you down, they're just not worth it.

All the best and take care.

Post #218793118th Nov 2020 9:05 pm
disco-nut

Thanks for all the support and kind messages.

I accepted an offer today from my insurance company and have bought this back. Then after I accepted the offer, they stated that the insurance on it is cancelled and that to re-insure it, they want a fresh MOT before they are willing to re-instate the policy. I have challenged this as it is only paint that is damaged.

But on that basis, I cannot afford to repair the paint, and sort the other 2 faults out which will stop a new MOT being put on it, and I really need a car on the road like yesterday. So this Discovery as of now is for sale, and my journey with it ends.

I want another D3, but am hesitant at the moment in the fact that I worry it will also get vandalised.

But we will see.

Post #218806819th Nov 2020 1:15 pm
disco-nut

How it looks now...

It is now squeezed on my garden as it has no tax or insurance anymore, waiting for a new owner.

And my partner has now given this back to me to use:

Which I bought over a year ago and used some of the insurance money to and bought my partner a newer smaller car to use for work. The C-Max is already for sale and will be sold also, but I will be doing some repairs to make it usable.

Last edited by disco-nut on 20th Nov 2020 8:05 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #218816919th Nov 2020 8:27 pm
ruben
D3 Decade 

2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Tonga GreenDiscovery 3

I had not read about this unfortunate matter before, and I cannot understand that these things continue to happen in these times, but I would simply like to express all my support from here, Spain, it will surely not help you and my words will be totally indifferent to you, but I am glad to get it to you !!
 lost in translation!
DISCOVERY 3 SE man. TDV6 2006, my true love!
DEFENDER 2 SE D I6 MHEV 2024, other live. 

Post #218822619th Nov 2020 11:51 pm
disco-nut

Cheers Ruben. Appreciated.

Post #218824320th Nov 2020 8:08 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 7 of 32 <123 ... 678 ... 303132>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >