Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Frank Ogg & Sons (Elgin)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 2 of 3 <123>
hudsonian

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Frank Ogg (Elgin), I fully recommend this dealer and its service department.

I have been having two years of arguments with a certain Aberdeen dealer about wheel alignment with no joy. They had done about four wheel alignments and the last one was only a couple of months ago. Finally I decided to go and get the alignment checked elsewhere as my tyres were still wearing unevenly.

I was recommended Frank Ogg by Greenbank 4x4. Donnie and his guys had the car up on the ramp within minutes of arrival and in no time I was looking at the diagnostics screen in the workshop that proved my wheels were a mile out of alignment, so much for the Aberdeen dealer who said "they are in Spec Mr Hudson". After a few hours with proper customer care (I was invited into the workshop a few times to watch progress and was introduced to the guys working on my car) I am totally bought by the professionalism of Donnie and his team at Frank Ogg, well worth the hour up the road instead of the local Aberdeen Dealership.

Scary thing is Aberdeen being an oil town is littered with Engineers who understand the basics, why do the Aberdeen bunch try to pull the wool over your eyes?

As I had discussed this issue with LR CC many times and they had been listening to the Aberdeen dealer they agreed to cover the cost of today’s work.

Scary thing is my D3 managed an extra 9mpg on the way home.... hope this keeps up... maybe I was just lighter on the foot but the car definitely rolls better.

Well done Frank Ogg, well done Donnie, you are my dealer of choice up here.

Last edited by hudsonian on 13th Sep 2008 5:58 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #34325412th Sep 2008 6:31 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Elgin......... Whistle

Got the PM and promised myself not to come here and say I told you so......... Wink

Glad you've found some professional service close by. I had to go to Lakeland and I've never used Frank Ogg (yet). I presume this was something that Greenbank 4x4 couldn't do then? Confused
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #34332912th Sep 2008 10:49 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Rescue01

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Just got my car back after a few checks pre Tunisia and i agree the customer service is great,got them to change the oil and fuel filter for the trip and asked for a spare bulb kit they also made up a fuse kit with the big fuseable links in it as well which i didn't ask for but is a good idea i never thought of.

i can recommend Donnie and his guys as well,they even picked my car up and brought it back washed and hovered. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 Its not the height of the fall but the sudden stop at the bottom that hurts!!  
Post #34340113th Sep 2008 3:09 pm
hudsonian

JMC wrote:
Elgin......... Whistle

Glad you've found some professional service close by. I had to go to Lakeland and I've never used Frank Ogg (yet). I presume this was something that Greenbank 4x4 couldn't do then? Confused

JMC, thanks for the feedback... I could hear the I told you so before I hit send Wink

It appears to get a four wheel laser alignment on a D3 is quite difficult in Aberdeen, Greenbank don’t have the equipment. Greenbank referred me to a few places and none of them would touch it, hence Frank Ogg. In the end I got it for free care of LLCC, after my constructive feedback on a certain dealership they where more than willing to pay.

Last edited by hudsonian on 13th Sep 2008 5:59 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #34342613th Sep 2008 5:52 pm
hudsonian

Rescue01 wrote:
Just got my car back after a few checks pre Tunisia and i agree the customer service is great,got them to change the oil and fuel filter for the trip and asked for a spare bulb kit they also made up a fuse kit with the big fuseable links in it as well which i didn't ask for but is a good idea i never thought of.

i can recommend Donnie and his guys as well,they even picked my car up and brought it back washed and hovered. Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Rescue01: did you get your LR stickers for your car / trip? I was sitting there for half the day and I overheard the service receptionist talking about your trip and asking the sales guys if they had anything they could give you.... good lick on your trip.

Post #34342713th Sep 2008 5:56 pm
Rescue01

Stickers in the post,hopefully with a discount on the next service Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Thumbs Up
Post #34357314th Sep 2008 12:24 am
Dexter

Scotland 

Decided to take the advice on here and just had my car serviced at Frank Ogg in Elgin - very easy to deal with and slightly cheaper than Aberdeen for a first service. They collected my car from home yesterday morning, left a very nice courtesy car (Peugeot rather than a RR though Big Cry Laughing ) and returned my D3 to work today in Aberdeen.

EPB adjusted and cleaned under warranty, a few other bits and pieces taken care of and a wash and hoover to boot.

Will definately use again and would highly recommend as an alternative to other local dealers. Thumbs Up

Dex.

Post #34862323rd Sep 2008 4:20 pm
dufftowndisco3

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

i've got nothing but praise for frank ogg in elgin, always polite and curtious, i've used them for several years now, mainly for me disco1, i asked about corrosion on the window seals of me d3, they booked me in, did the seals and some other warranty work, then cleaned and hoovered it, all in an hour, i even got a cuppa and some biscuits Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

most of me disco1 mechanicals etc are now put through inverness 4x4, really good too Thumbs Up

Club MTR, black RRS wheels, RAI, GN sump guard, etc blah
D3, D1, DEF 90, FREELANDER COMMERCIAL 

Post #3532872nd Oct 2008 11:57 am
bigcol

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

We are from Huddersfield in west yorkshire and my Parents where visiting Johnstons of Elgin's mill, and my Mum had a battle with a concrete post, and she broke her rear light, and J-o-Elgin's MD rang Ogg's @ Elgin and they sent someone round to the mill to collect the car (RR) and replace the broken light and then they even said they would book it as warranty so i can say on my Mother's behalf Thumbs Up from us for Ogg's.
 "IT'S BOURNVILLE NOT BLACK"
"WE ARE STILL DANCING LIKE NO ONES WATCHIN"
TD5 Kinversand red
TDV6 S Java black
TDV6SE Bournville
My other car is a Range rover Vogue SE
But its 21 years old(hee hee) 

Post #35950614th Oct 2008 8:50 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
roamingman

Scotland 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 GS Manual Cairns BlueDiscovery 3
independent

I have foud Kirkstye Garage in kemny very helpful Thumbs Up
have not been to greenbank but will have a look Thumbs Up
 convoy For Heroes record holder (348)
Live life 'til you die
Team Teddy Bears Picnic 

Post #37894325th Nov 2008 6:50 pm
Land Rover Nat

United Kingdom 
3 YR 45,000 Service

After 'Donald' getting his service done for £284 at Macrae & Dick Inverness, rang Frank Ogg today and they quoted me £375!!!!! When I told them Macrae & Dick do it for £284 they said we don't know how they can be cheaper? Receptionist went away to speak to service manager and they will do it for £300. Why nearly £100 difference???
Service Receptionist very nice to deal with.

Post #40940626th Jan 2009 5:52 pm
dufftowndisco3

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Chawton WhiteDiscovery 3

i'm off to frank oggs for a 75k service tommorrow morn, so i'll let yu know how they get on Mr. Green

Club MTR, black RRS wheels, RAI, GN sump guard, etc blah
D3, D1, DEF 90, FREELANDER COMMERCIAL 

Post #4311591st Mar 2009 9:47 pm
Zermatt Vulgaris

United Kingdom 2008 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Not Impressed, called this morning to see if they could beat Town and County to get the vehicle in to look at wheel alignment and warranty work, when i asked if they could she said no not really we are getting quite booked up, spoke to the dealer principal who said we are busy .... they seem to have caught aberdeen can't be bothered disease.

based on this experience i will be using T&C Aberdeen or taking the Car down to Lakeland .
 Visiting from rrsport.co.uk
2011MY Zermatt Silver Range Rover Sport HSE 3.0 TDV6

Post #4354729th Mar 2009 10:43 am
Iamthegodoflochnagar

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Grey

I agree and I originally started this thread!

Been trying to get their sales folks to call me back re buying new disco but after 6 weeks of trying I've now given up Now leaving LR and have bought audi a6 avant.

I think land rover marketing sucks.

Crying or Very sad

Post #4356259th Mar 2009 4:00 pm
Rescue01

Iamthegodoflochnagar wrote:

Been trying to get their sales folks to call me back re buying new disco but after 6 weeks of trying I've now given up Now leaving LR and have bought audi a6 avant.

I think land rover marketing sucks.

Crying or Very sad

Now you will have to deal with the poor customer service from "Spec cars" at least the after sales service you had from Frank Ogg was good.Its just the sales dept who have let you down now. Confused

You wont be taking the A6 up the Derry track then Whistle
Post #43616110th Mar 2009 1:17 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 2 of 3 <123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >