DISCO4.COM > Dealership & Sponsor Feedback

Frank Ogg & Sons (Elgin)
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 1 of 3 123>
Iamthegodoflochnagar

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3
Frank Ogg & Sons (Elgin)

Chaps

My beloved disco came back from Frank Oggs yesterday. Number of warranty issues fixed plus some additional work I hadn't asked for. Running better than ever now.

Service is always excellent - something that evil dealership in Aberdeen could learn from!!

Cheers
neil

Post #33546422nd Aug 2008 3:44 pm
JMC

Scotland 
Re: Frank Ogg & Sons (Elgin)

Iamthegodoflochnagar wrote:
Service is always excellent - something that evil dealership in Aberdeen could learn from!!

You obviously check (and if necessary) 'question' your invoices.....OR, you like a service job to be done properly.......OR, you expect to get what you pay for.....

Not something that the evil dealership in Aberdeen likes in a customer you know Wink
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Founder member of Club FFRRV
Club Orange, Mint or Fruit
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #33549022nd Aug 2008 4:54 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

Useful to know as they are as close to me as Inverness. Cheers Thumbs Up

Post #33564323rd Aug 2008 1:51 pm
Ecosse

JMC wrote:

Not something that the evil dealership in Aberdeen likes in a customer you know Wink

Unfortunately, it's all down to competition - and it's just too inconvenient for those living in Aberdeen to travel to Perth/Elgin etc, hence no competition and no pressure on the dealer to provide 5-star levels of service (this applies to several of the franchises in Aberdeen) - BUT I know that the Aberdeen dealer is perfectly capable of delivering service to match the best although my experience is that I have had to fight all the way to achieve this. Best advice is don't accept any shortcomings at all, complain immediately to the service manager, if he does not sort it then go to the dealer principal, and then to Atholl himself... who will be well aware that the next step (otherthan LR CS who are quite adept at pulling T&C's strings) is to the P&J. Shocked

Post #33581124th Aug 2008 6:14 am
JMC

Scotland 

Ecosse wrote:
it's just too inconvenient for those living in Aberdeen to travel to Perth/Elgin

It's the fool that knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing. That's why I'm doing the inconvenient thing soon and heading for Lakeland to get my tailgate fixed and have a quick interim oil change......

The tailgate has been only the 2nd 'warranty' item and the car's heading for 40k mikes in 2.5 yrs. Thus far, I've had a trip to the lakes to get the car in 2006, and two further 'service' trips since. The first of these was combined with the disco3.co.uk lakes weekend ( Razz ) and the second was a mini break for me and SWMBO. This time I think we may be off to Martin Mere and then the Southport Airshow.

I do sometimes wonder if the amount of distress and car problems are directly proportional to the dealer employed....... I've certainly read plenty of agro on here about 'the dark side'. It's just so damn easy to sit back and congratulate yourself for having a high sales performance when you are in one of the most affluent business centres in the UK and you have no competition Rolling Eyes
 The older I get, the more I realise that people confuse wrinkles for wisdom Smile
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #33582924th Aug 2008 9:20 am
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Ecosse

JMC wrote:
Ecosse wrote:
it's just too inconvenient for those living in Aberdeen to travel to Perth/Elgin

It's the fool that knows the cost of everything and the value of nothing. :

But, for some of us, our time has a very high value Shocked

Post #33584524th Aug 2008 10:36 am
Bornidle

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Been there done that Big Cry
Had 1 fualt on my Disco , car had to go back 8 times as they dmaged it everytime they had it , from ripping my seat to having to paint the car inner sill (foot scuff area), when they replaced the drivers seat (rip they gave for free) they hualed the seat out in a oner and wrecked several trims and innersill and door cards,oil all over the seats and roof lining,got the car back , held teh delivery driver while i checked and sat on teh motor and the drivers seat (back part)dropped collapsed. Evil or Very Mad pointed this out to the delivery driver,asked them if teh mechanics could get off their computers and open a toolbox for a change Whistle

got it sorted eventually , took close to a year before i accpeted it as completed (for 1 little fualt ) mole hill mountian come to mind ?

cousin works for trading standards Mr. Green VERY HANDY.
 I have enough money to last me the rest of my life.Unless i buy something..  
Post #33584724th Aug 2008 10:47 am
JMC

Scotland 

Ecosse wrote:
But, for some of us, our time has a very high value

Yeh! Well I take over a £grand a day for going offshore so what's your point? Confused

Also, how much do you charge for going back to a dealership and wasting hours/days over grieff?

How much do you value your time???
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #33600224th Aug 2008 9:41 pm
Bornidle

FFS is that all Whistle Whistle so a 2 week trip and you make over £14k , someones got a wooden nose Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Whistle
Post #33610325th Aug 2008 8:38 am
JMC

Scotland 

Rolling Eyes

I could take offence at that, but I see you work in IT........ Whistle

If you worked in the real world you'd discover that this level of reimbursement isn't 'out of the box' when day-rating with oil companies. (Un)fortunately, I also have a business to run which means I don't do 2-week trips. Just a couple of days here and there. Razz

Somewhat off the point of getting the Disco serviced though.......

The point is that the convenience of a 'local' dealer can cost a lot of time (hence money) if you have to go back again and again and again, and then call in outside gelp and get more Censored ed off again and again and again....... Twisted Evil
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #33611025th Aug 2008 9:08 am
Bornidle

no offence intended Mr. Green and yes i work in IT (for myself) my previous job was suncontracted to oil companies (the real world Whistle )been there done that Whistle

but ye yourright , these dealers believe after sales service is a swear word .

ive found the only way is to go straight to Land Rover UK Thumbs Up
Post #33612825th Aug 2008 10:12 am
Dexter

Scotland 

Pretty relevant as my D3 is due it's first service next month. As I work in Aberdeen it will probably go to the city dealer, they will collect and return to my office and the fixed price is just over £300 Big Cry

The price in Elgin is slightly less but I have then to add on around £35 for fuel and then consider - what is there to do in Elgin for half a day, or perhaps longer if other work is required? Surely the local dealer can't get that much wrong during an (expensive) oil change and hinge lub?

Alternatively I can use an independant and save around £150, possibly get better service and probably know the job is done right. The way newish D3s are deprecieating these days it wouldn't make that much difference as long as LR schedules are followed and genuine parts used?

Choices, choices, choices ............................

Dex

Post #33618525th Aug 2008 1:26 pm
JMC

Scotland 

Dexter wrote:
Alternatively I can use an independant and save around £150, possibly get better service and probably know the job is done right.

Greenbank 4x4 is your answer as they are all ex T&C. There is a similar outfit in Laurencekirk (Mann Automotove) that I use rather than go to Lakeland for something small like new pads or the like. Phill, Colin and Euan at Greenbank have spent more time working at T&C between them than most of the 'mechanics' who are there now, so it's not some 2nd rate outfit.

If it's just a basic service then it makes a lot more sense. I understand what you're feeling about being newish and maintaining the warranty, but these guys use LR parts and they are a much nicer bunch to deal with IMO. They already look after a heck of a lot of city D3's RRS's FFRR's....... Can't imagine why..... Whistle
Club Walnut Sniffers

Post #33618925th Aug 2008 1:35 pm
Iamthegodoflochnagar

Scotland 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Unknown ColourDiscovery 3

Dex

Frank Ogg will also collect and return to your office and I suspect will price match as well. I happily pay the fuel in return for good customer service. I would never let our local evil stealer touch my car as their service is Censored

If you're thinking of independent then I'd recommend contacting Greenbank 4*4 in Aberdeen.

Yours aye
neil

Post #33619025th Aug 2008 1:39 pm
Renny

Scotland 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Tech Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 4

If heading South, I use and recommend Morrisons at Stirling.

Mind you Andrew M knows I'd give him grief at Knockhill if he didn't make sure a good job was done Laughing .
 Renny Thomson
aka Scottish Scrutineer or MM0KOZ
MSA Scrutineer 

Post #3393522nd Sep 2008 7:04 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 1 of 3 123>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >