Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > In Car Electronics (D3)

Integrated Aftermarket Nav in D3 using D4 GS Surround
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 5 of 19 <123 456 ... 171819>
fat bloke

United Kingdom 2015 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 SE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

Mine came preloaded with speed camera's uk & europe with traffic as well for life...I gather some are only paid up for 1st year then you pay for future so you might want to check when you bought it & where from.I gather your tv arial is in same place as traffic sendor?

Post #77445615th Mar 2011 12:12 am
lad

England 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Java BlackDiscovery 3

Some of the gamin cameras are out of date, but might ask anyway because you can't have enough free things!! The TV aerials have been placed on the rear side windows, one each side, one horizontal and one vertical. Gets a good picture too. I'll take a photo tomorrow! Does your land rover have a heated front screen, mine does. Might have a go shifting the traffic aerial around tomorrow too!

Post #77445715th Mar 2011 12:18 am
fat bloke

Yes heated screen, traffic arial lower left screen not affected by heated element,as for maps loading depends what's average between 10/20 secs and bluetooth about 10 secs..Was going to have tv but found when am i going to use it?...Try going on garmin to check what version map you have as they seem to be updated about 6 monthly got mine from satnaveasy from devon pretty good company do most sat nav/gps etc at good prices.

Post #77446315th Mar 2011 12:42 am
lad

Well had a go at moving the aerial around today and nothing! But I've thought of extending the little aerial adapter to see if that makes a difference. Starting to wonder if there is a fault with the power supply + aerial as when I turn on the ignition the satnav also turns on but looks like it thinks it should be connecting to the computer as it shows the computer symbol. Then after a little while it disappears and then turns on. There are no fm stations stored in the log in the diagnostics screen (FM GTM) either but looks like it's trying to look for them when I turn on the satnav as there is a time log at the side. Got mine from digital lemon. There is a map update available ( I get one update within 60days ) but I'm wondering if that map will get updated before my 60 days runs out.

Post #77463115th Mar 2011 4:39 pm
fat bloke

Possibly faulty equipment as when i turn ignition on my sat nav lights up,my computer icon has only shown up when plugged into my computer to try download logo but too dum so will have to get daughter to do it.Perhaps if you know someone else who has traffic on their sat/nav try swapping leads to see if it works?

Post #77484015th Mar 2011 11:45 pm
lad

Right been having a faff about with the traffic jobby, looks like I have a dodgy usb extension lead, because when I connect the power lead directly to the satnav it powers up very quickly and shows no computer icon Very Happy Only thing is it hasn't activated the traffic subs yet. Now it could be that the value level is low but is shows any value between 18 - 46 whilst its scanning. fat bloke what usb extension lead (if you use one) do you have, and Dave how have to piggy backed the extension lead from the traffic pickup thing to the radio? Thumbs Up

Post #77504616th Mar 2011 5:31 pm
fat bloke

If you are out and about i assume your traffic icon should of picked up a signal from somewhere and changed colour when i input different routes....As for cables i did not need a extn cable as all long enough...

Post #77505116th Mar 2011 5:38 pm
lad

Been sat on drive after moving the power lead around. But you say your leads are long enough, but my power lead is long but I can't get the traffic pickup thing anywhere near the window as it is only about 6 inches from the usb connector to the sat nav.
Like in Daves 6th picture on page 1, showing the lead in the cubby hole.

Post #77506916th Mar 2011 6:14 pm
fat bloke

Unless you got wrong lead, my lead from sat nav sits in l/h vent panel with the traffic sendor plugged in then routed behind top g/box with lead coming out from passenger vent by window with suction pad holding arial bttm corner.Unless you have routed yours slightly different perhaps that's why it could be too short?

Post #77512216th Mar 2011 8:28 pm
lad

AH!!! I thought you had the big traffic block up at the window, but you have the wire up there! Rolling Eyes Right!! I'm just looking for some wire to extend the aerial a bit, I have a 2.5mm jack to 3.5mm jack so I can get the wire up the window further. I have the traffic pick up in front of the satnav under plastic console at the top of dash if you get what I mean, but if I shift it to where you have it, I could get the wire to the window, at the mo its just too short! ( thats what she says Rolling Eyes )

Post #77512516th Mar 2011 8:34 pm
fat bloke

Move traffic pick up to where i said and you will have enough as i get a pick up no problem in bottom corner...

Post #77516316th Mar 2011 9:26 pm
lad

Funny thing is...... I've just been out shifting stuff again!!! Laughing Tried an extended wire but that didn't work really so moved everything like you have and I've got the little wire up to the window now. Still no traffic icon but that could be down to me being where I live, so will try it out tomorrow on way to work!! I'll let you know if it shows!! Thumbs Up

I've been into the diagnostics screen to watch the level value number, which changes depending on radio signal and strength!!

Post #77516616th Mar 2011 9:30 pm
fat bloke

Yep might don't show till i get to main road as signal ain't too great and by the way my cleaver daughter has uploaded logo so thanks to you Thumbs Up Ilt looks like we should have own thread as its me and you on last page or so. Laughing

Post #77517316th Mar 2011 9:47 pm
lad

Good to hear you have sorted out your start up logo! Aye it looks like we should have our own thread! Laughing I'll see if the traffic works tomorrow while I'm out and about!

Post #77525917th Mar 2011 12:19 am
Dave

United Kingdom 

Blooming eck! I will read through this lot tommorow and see if I can offer any input. Speed reading highlighted power issues - I have always found with various satnav over the years that they like their own in the box power cable - using something else like a USB lighter and pc cable, or even an extension to it's in the box cable are weak - they work but at a lower charge / not at all... Hence my sub concious use of the original set up in my fit.
 Captain Nick Medhurst would ask:
"What is the first rule when overlanding?"

I would Reply:
"Duratrac" 

Post #77526717th Mar 2011 2:14 am
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 19 <123 456 ... 171819>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >