Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Group Buys

TSL ENGINE OIL FORTIFIER - ENDED PERMANENTLY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 15 of 25 <123 ... 141516 ... 232425>
BLFarrar

Location: Deepest, Dankest, Darkest, Dingiest......Le Halifax, West Yorkshire...with strong links to Ireland

France 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Hess wrote:
The company that produces TSL also produces greases and one of their customers is
Brammer, in Manchester........

I have scoured the BRAMMER website & outlets......no sign of TSL....so if they have bought it it may be out on test somewhere in transport or industry...
Brammer have a slick operation....originally an industrial power transmission belting company & took over Bearing Services Ltd
They have slogged it out to become a "one stop shop" supplier of industrial "bits & pieces" expanding their range from bearings & power transmission, to pneumatics, hydraulics, safety equipment, tools etc.
In reality they have increased their turnover by selling into industry anything they can including some "consultancy" activities that looked for opportunities to sell more of their stuff.
Brammer have made themselves into the middleman wheeler dealer type provider that companies go to if they cant source something & Brammer will get it & charge 25% on top for the privilege......saves setting up accounts with small obscure & seldom used makers or providers.....large companies can claw back the 25% in the end of period hand back exercise......Yes you got it the goods are the same cost / price...you have just funded Brammer to the tune of a lot at no interest to them....(I said slick).
Brammer having (& maybe selling) TSL - isn't any endorsement of its properties.....Brammer are quite cute & dont offer any warranties over & above what they have to legally as an ISO 9001 / TS 16949 supplier. They have to provide this minimal offering to their customers as they would fall foul of their own audited operational procedures if they didn't.
It will be interesting to see what Brammer do with TSL - they steered away from SFR (admittedly before the more recent expansion into selling everything they could)...they already sell & deal with Rocol.....would give their right arm for a slice of Kluber (their words not mine).
The company I work for dont allow use of any add ins to fuel or lubricants in the vehicles they operate - they are mindful of warranties & wont commit to anything that hasn't got a proven cost saving.....that has to be balanced against other factors...initial & repeat cost of adding + any long term disadvantages not known or seen now but may have a cost eventually.
It will be of interest to see if ERIKS - Brammer's main adversary in the industry supply sector & especially Fenner (the most respected Brammer alternative take up TSL.
For the record we here in Halifax do some business with Brammer.....they aren't bad at selling bearings & power transmission items......some local suppliers beat the pants of Brammer with having ready to use stocks (Brammer don't stock that much.....but get it there in 24 ......or eventually), looking after customers better (Brammer are always turning over their sales staff if they don't meet targets 'bye 'bye)......3 months is the usual turn around on sales.
ERIKS (used to be Wyko-ESB) have prevailed at doing good business with those who have had Brammer "nightmare experiences" (doesnt get done or not bothered attitudes at the customer phone in interface)
Sadly Brammer have knocked some smaller local companies out....by selling cheap (they did for quite a while sell Brand X bearings that came from dubious sources...indistinguishable from the real thing with cloned packaging)...Brammer aren't very happy about this & can do nothing to dispel peoples fears of the same thing happening again.

Brammer dont exactly sell snake oil.....but they could & would.
 BREXIT - done properly.
Right now ...We need Government - not Politics
Save the Dipstick Flagbearer-keep it simple, less likely to fail campaign-agenda items:Starting Handles, Acetylene Lamps.
Founder: Dipsticks-R-Us Inc
D3 HSE-perfectly formed, passenger friendly...has real DIPSTICK
Jag XK-but sadly no DIPSTICK...HUGE design fault
FL2 has DIPSTICK..."real comfort in rear seats"
VW Golf wondermobile (?)..has real DIPSTICK
Morris Minor..original DIPSTICK technology..and a real KEY. 

Post #97769216th Sep 2012 7:27 am
Hess

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

BLFarrar wrote:
Hess wrote:
The company that produces TSL also produces greases and one of their customers is

As I said, and indeed as you quoted me saying, the company also produces grease.
This grease is sold to Brammer direct, I don't have anything to do with that nor Brammer.

The rest of your post is to do with Brammer, and I have no dealings with them at all.
Your comments and views on them, how they conduct their business and what they sell
and how they sell it has nothing to do with me.

Just for the record, since you couldn't find any TSL in their outlets or website and are in doubt
here is their purchase order direct to the manufacturer. What they do with the grease is up to them.
If they sell it or use it themselves, I don't know.

But, I don't just post some company names that I can't back up with proof.

Click image to enlarge

This is the grease in question.

Post #97773016th Sep 2012 9:17 am
Ent

Iraq 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

BLF

I cannot see the relevance or point to your post Confused The proof of the pudding is in the eating so why not take a look at the list of members who have bought TSL and then look at all the positive comments, is that not a good reference marker instead of linking it to a totally seperate company selling a totally seperate product?
Better still why don't you buy some and then review it in a couple of months?
 Club Exped trailer
Club Timed Climate
Club Flappy paddle steering wheel
Club 300bhp
Club Prospeed test pilot/lab rat
Club National Luna Stella conditioner 

Post #97775016th Sep 2012 10:07 am
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Shocked

BLFarrar wrote:
Hess wrote:

I have scoured the BRAMMER website & outlets......no sign of TSL....so if they have bought it it may be out on test somewhere in transport or industry...
Brammer have a slick operation....originally an industrial power transmission belting company & took over Bearing Services Ltd
They have slogged it out to become a "one stop shop" supplier of industrial "bits & pieces" expanding their range from bearings & power transmission, to pneumatics, hydraulics, safety equipment, tools etc.
In reality they have increased their turnover by selling into industry anything they can including some "consultancy" activities that looked for opportunities to sell more of their stuff.
Brammer have made themselves into the middleman wheeler dealer type provider that companies go to if they cant source something & Brammer will get it & charge 25% on top for the privilege......saves setting up accounts with small obscure & seldom used makers or providers.....large companies can claw back the 25% in the end of period hand back exercise......Yes you got it the goods are the same cost / price...you have just funded Brammer to the tune of a lot at no interest to them....(I said slick).
Brammer having (& maybe selling) TSL - isn't any endorsement of its properties.....Brammer are quite cute & dont offer any warranties over & above what they have to legally as an ISO 9001 / TS 16949 supplier. They have to provide this minimal offering to their customers as they would fall foul of their own audited operational procedures if they didn't.
It will be interesting to see what Brammer do with TSL - they steered away from SFR (admittedly before the more recent expansion into selling everything they could)...they already sell & deal with Rocol.....would give their right arm for a slice of Kluber (their words not mine).
The company I work for dont allow use of any add ins to fuel or lubricants in the vehicles they operate - they are mindful of warranties & wont commit to anything that hasn't got a proven cost saving.....that has to be balanced against other factors...initial & repeat cost of adding + any long term disadvantages not known or seen now but may have a cost eventually.
It will be of interest to see if ERIKS - Brammer's main adversary in the industry supply sector & especially Fenner (the most respected Brammer alternative take up TSL.
For the record we here in Halifax do some business with Brammer.....they aren't bad at selling bearings & power transmission items......some local suppliers beat the pants of Brammer with having ready to use stocks (Brammer don't stock that much.....but get it there in 24 ......or eventually), looking after customers better (Brammer are always turning over their sales staff if they don't meet targets 'bye 'bye)......3 months is the usual turn around on sales.
ERIKS (used to be Wyko-ESB) have prevailed at doing good business with those who have had Brammer "nightmare experiences" (doesnt get done or not bothered attitudes at the customer phone in interface)
Sadly Brammer have knocked some smaller local companies out....by selling cheap (they did for quite a while sell Brand X bearings that came from dubious sources...indistinguishable from the real thing with cloned packaging)...Brammer aren't very happy about this & can do nothing to dispel peoples fears of the same thing happening again.

Brammer dont exactly sell snake oil.....but they could & would.

BFL: Not sure what your post is about but it has no relevance other than possibly to a lawyer. Sad

No one is forcing you to use TSL. Those of us that have used it have noticed a positive benefit and are happy. Hess has validated his statements by providing proof that other industries and businesses use it.

If you don't believe in it fine, just stop the silliness and focus on something more productive.

Post #97788716th Sep 2012 3:58 pm
Disco_Mikey

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Cairns BlueDiscovery 3

Ent wrote:
BLF

I cannot see the relevance or point to your post Confused The proof of the pudding is in the eating so why not take a look at the list of members who have bought TSL and then look at all the positive comments, is that not a good reference marker instead of linking it to a totally seperate company selling a totally seperate product?
Better still why don't you buy some and then review it in a couple of months?

After reading all the positive comments from members on here, I am almost prepared to eat my words, and buy some myself, to try it out.

I feel some of this coming on:
Click image to enlarge

:oops:

Admin note: this post has had its images recovered from a money grabbing photo hosting site and reinstated Mr. Green
 My D3 Build Thread

TDV8 Retrofit Build Thread 

Post #97801016th Sep 2012 7:30 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
geoff.

England 

Well said Moo

If you don't want it don't buy it nobodys twisting anybodys arm to buy it,plenty of satisfied members here Thumbs Up

Post #97801816th Sep 2012 7:46 pm
terryall

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

I'm afraid I can't post any mpg figures for a while as I've got Torque Convertor or map sensor problems I've posted about on the maintenance forum. Need to get this sorted first but I'm not much of a mechanic and I am going round in circles tying to avoid main dealer costs.
The members that post their mpg figures on here, and claim an improvement, are not idiots or persuaded lightly. As the vast majority say they have seen an improvement I would take that as fact and I bought my supply of TSL oil based on their collective wisdom.

terryall.

Post #97817617th Sep 2012 11:01 am
Hess

Deleted.

Last edited by Hess on 3rd Jan 2013 11:59 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #97871318th Sep 2012 4:16 pm
anjo14

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Well I have added the TSL a few weeks back to my D3 and at first did not notice any difference. Until I had clocked up a few hundred miles and now the engine is a lot quieter and with a bit more power. Now I am not really bothered about economy so fuel figures vary with my still of driving and foot to the floor is the way I drive. The acid test would be to purchase another bottle of TSL and add to my D2 TD5 and see the difference, but still TSL does what it says on the bottle.

Hess will be placing an order soon for 3 bottles. One bottle for my D2 and two bottles to try out on my Boat with twin Volvo KAD 42's.

Post #97892118th Sep 2012 9:57 pm
StephenO

Scotland 

Hess,

Got to agree with Dave. Put the TSL in the Defender a few days ago and ran the engine for a wee while whilst working away in the garage. No real difference at the time that I could notice but took it out for a drive yesterday and it's definitely quieter, I could actually hear myself think! Lol

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 2016 RR Sport Autobiography
Zambezi Silver 2005 D3 Zambezi Silver
1995 Defender 90 300Tdi Coniston Green
1968 Series 2a SWB Bronze Green 

Post #97892818th Sep 2012 10:16 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hess

Dave T wrote:
Hess, put the TSL in my noisy old defender today, after 5 mins running the difference was incredible, you could actually hear it getting quieter as it ran. Amazing, I really wouldnt have believed it!

Glad both the Defenders won't wake the neighbours anymore when you guys go off-roading Thumbs Up

Post #97893318th Sep 2012 10:43 pm
Dave T

England 

StephenO wrote:
Got to agree with Dave. Put the TSL in the Defender a few days ago and ran the engine for a wee while whilst working away in the garage. No real difference at the time that I could notice but took it out for a drive yesterday and it's definitely quieter, I could actually hear myself think! Lol

Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Mine must have been really noisy then, I actually heard it quieten down after about 5 - 10 mins of running, it's spookily quiet now.
 Joined the BMWX5 45e group
1994 Defender 90

2015 RRS Corris Grey/Black roof
2016 D4 Graphite Santorini Black
2012 D4 XS Orkney Grey
2005 D3 S Maya Gold

Convoy for Heroes 2011 

Post #97895419th Sep 2012 5:52 am
Hess

TOTAL OIL TEST RESULTS

Deleted.

Last edited by Hess on 4th Jan 2013 12:00 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #97920619th Sep 2012 4:14 pm
Hess

Deleted.

Last edited by Hess on 3rd Jan 2013 11:59 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #98043322nd Sep 2012 6:30 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

HESS the TSL is in the D3 (and I've blown the Defender's tyres up Rolling with laughter )

So far nothing dramatic to report, that said I've always thought the engine was quiet anyway, as for power increase and economy the next few weeks will tell, I've not reset the trip, but over the last 3000 or so miles I get a reliable indicated MPG on the computer, if this holds or increases with increased FBH usage and cold weather running then its a big Thumbs Up for TSL
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #98045522nd Sep 2012 7:28 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 15 of 25 <123 ... 141516 ... 232425>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >