Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Group Buys

TSL ENGINE OIL FORTIFIER - ENDED PERMANENTLY
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 6 of 25 <123 ... 567 ... 232425>
Moo
D3 Decade 

Ukraine 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 S Manual Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

The world isn't full of certainty. I knew what i was getting into when I purchased this product. i don't know TSL but I am willing to try it. I don't feel mislead or anything else. The offer is straight forward and unambiguous.

I appreciate that Hess has been excited and has used whatever evidence or announcements he can get hold of to raise the profile of the product, but why not? He believes in the product and wants to make a business out of it in these straightened economic times bravo to that Thumbs Up

All I can say is that I have had several interactions with Hess and can only comment on his professionalism and integrity.

My car is in for its service on Friday and I will add TSL in then and report back. If its as good as the airbag tool then I shall be very happy. Very Happy

Post #9504234th Jul 2012 12:30 pm
yogi972

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Further to my previous post, although I have only really noticed half a mpg so far which is good
I didn't comment on the engine being less clattery as I was worried
It was a placebo effect.
But one of my work colleagues commented that my car was a petrol ?
I said nope always been a diesel mate, he was convinced it sounded like a petrol engine as it
Wafted past.
I have also just started it and the rattle on startup although still there, appears to be half the length of time
It used to be.

Re. Group buy on here, I look to this site for reccomendations
And pos feedbacks and I feel safer for buying from a long term
Member of this site, than mr. Blogs n co from somewhere I don't know.

I will report back with more findings and comments as I find them

Overall a positive from me tbh.

Post #9504274th Jul 2012 12:38 pm
Renton

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

mrszymon wrote:
a "group buy" is usually for the benefit of forum users, not the seller. The products in group buys sell because people want to buy them and jump at the chance at buying them at a discount. The sellers make money by discounting and selling a large volume. It's a great system - just look at the recent group buys for the BAS tool, the cubby fridge, the Strathern performance map, etc etc. None of them needed to advertise, because they were providing a known good product that people wanted at a discount to reflect the increased sales volume.

Honestly I think you'd have gotten just as many sign-ups to this if not more if you had treated it as a group by, without the hyperbole and advertising, but with a small discount off your regular price, and being more honest and open about your regular price.

This Group Buy does save you money. If you buy this product abroad and have it shippd to the UK it will cost you more then buying it direct from Hess.

I can only applaude new business initiatives in these times.
 CLUB ILLEGAL CAR WASHERS  
Post #9504344th Jul 2012 12:52 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hess wrote:
If you're going to ridicule me and then say "Sorry Hess", that's up to you.

My "Sorry Hess Embarassed " was for jumping in on your thread, not for implying that most people on here are fairly intelligent and would be much more likely to invest in the product without a daytime-telly style advertising campaign.

I'm certainly not against the idea of someone getting off their Censored and taking the initiative to secure distribution rights and invest their time and effort to make some money - for this I take my hat off to you Hess Thumbs Up

If it's any consolation, I thought that this...

Hess wrote:
It is on eBay indeed and the seller is me.

....was actually one of the best one-line comebacks that I've seen for a long time Very Happy Wink

Cheers,
Paul
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #9505224th Jul 2012 5:26 pm
mrszymon

2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

DG wrote:
mrszymon wrote:

I have to say, I question the status of this as a "group buy".

It is not within your remit to question tbh it has been authorised as such and that is the end of it ...a group buy is a collective purchase and although welcome there is nothing to suggest it must be discounted ...it can be done for administrative convenience ...so either put your name down to buy some or wind your neck in Thumbs Up

Within my remit? Wow. I have no remit. I'm just a site user.

This is being presented as a special preview for disco3 users of a wonderful new product, as testing the water, as an exclusive to the disco3 forum. In reality this is just another avenue for selling a product the vendor is already selling via eBay. I consider that deceptive. I almost fell for it too - that's what really upsets me. I'm usually quite good at spotting and staying away from snake-oil, but I came very close to buying because of the way this was presented.

It's a shame it's not within the remit of the administrative team to ensure that things are presented fairly and honestly to site users.

-simon

Post #9505354th Jul 2012 5:54 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hess asked if he could use a group buy system on here to test the market for the product. That he also sells on eBay is up to him.

Group Buys take on many formats, and are not always to drive the cheapest price out of a seller - they can be used (as is more the case here) to see if there is sufficient interest to create or source a product.

For example, the nav screen RCA/SMB cables that I now sell in the shop came about from a group buy thread to see if there was sufficient interest to have a batch made.
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #9505584th Jul 2012 6:31 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
Hess

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

mrszymon wrote:

This is being presented as a special preview for disco3 users of a wonderful new product, as testing the water, as an exclusive to the disco3 forum.

I don't know where you seen this was an exclusive to the disco3.co.uk forum
nor where you read that this was a special preview for disco3.co.uk users?
This product is not new, it just wasn't on the UK market. The product exists for 20+ years.
I just managed to secure a dealership and was offering it here as my first platform.

mrszymon wrote:
In reality this is just another avenue for selling a product the vendor is already selling via eBay. I consider that deceptive. I almost fell for it too - that's what really upsets me. I'm usually quite good at spotting and staying away from snake-oil, but I came very close to buying because of the way this was presented.

This was first posted on this forum on the 30th of May.
The first time it appeared on eBay was the 19th of June, 20 days after it was seen here first.
I sold one bottle on eBay on the 25th of June.

Now you are accusing me of being deceptive, selling snake-oil and misrepresenting this product, the group buy
and by saying you "almost fell for it too" basically insulting everyone else who bought the actual product
as though they have fallen for something? What exactly did they fall for?

I don't know why you are so against this product, me or the way this has been done, but whatever reasons
they are, I am selling a product that I use myself, as does my family and friends. We all have
been using it for years now and it works. I believe it works, I know it works. I've always been
totally honest about it's claims, what it is and how it works. I don't lie, I don't make stuff up, and I certainly
don't sell this as if it is daytime television with gimmicks and forgotten celebrities getting hand-outs to promote
the product.

There have been a few people on here that have used it and they have shared their experiences.
Several other people have bought TSL from me, have it in their possession and are about to
put it in their cars too. Their comments and experiences will be shared here also I assume.

Since you class this as "Snake-Oil" where's your proof? Did you test this? Do you have a bottle at home?
Did you buy one from me and put it in your car, with no results?

Again, I try and run my business as I lead my life, honest, truthful and honourable.
If that's not the way people perceive me then that's unfortunate.
But I know that I am, so I am okay with that.

Post #9505774th Jul 2012 7:01 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

mrszymon wrote:
I have no remit.

Good !

Carry on Hess Thumbs Up

...Mrs. Zymon is busy moisturising
Click image to enlarge

Laughing
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #9505864th Jul 2012 7:11 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Enough said.

Post #9505934th Jul 2012 7:27 pm
Ent

Iraq 2011 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 XS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Hess

Have we a non believer? Burn the heretic! He will be saying D3/D4's aren't reliable next! Christ on a bike!

Quick edit

Simon

Buy some and review it then we will all know if it's any good.

Now edited, damn that Stella
 Club Exped trailer
Club Timed Climate
Club Flappy paddle steering wheel
Club 300bhp
Club Prospeed test pilot/lab rat
Club National Luna Stella conditioner 

Last edited by Ent on 4th Jul 2012 7:57 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #9505994th Jul 2012 7:42 pm
Hess

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3

Moo got some already Thumbs Up

Post #9506034th Jul 2012 7:49 pm
Moo
D3 Decade 

Sure do. Oil change Friday and TSL will be added. Trip to France the following week so it will be a good opportunity to evaluate and feed back.

Post #9506584th Jul 2012 9:28 pm
mrszymon

2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

This post has been edited by the site administration team
Tedious post removed

Post #9508435th Jul 2012 10:59 am
lmorris4975

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Ipanema SandDiscovery 4

Hi all, i am still undecided on the TSL oil if to buy it or not. I am reading all the reviews that people are posting, so please keep them coming. The only thing that slightly bothers me is that the only people who have brought it own D3's and i will be putting it in a D4, don't know if it will make any difference with the D4 being twin turbo or not. Thumbs Up

Post #9509085th Jul 2012 1:03 pm
Renton

2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

Nothing to do with the turbo. Lubes the inside of the engine better then standard oil. My engine makes less noise which tells me that it runs smoother thus less friction and wear.
Small investment for long term motoring.
 CLUB ILLEGAL CAR WASHERS  
Post #9509155th Jul 2012 1:14 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 6 of 25 <123 ... 567 ... 232425>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >