yogi972

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

500+ miles done and tbh can't tell any difference Whistle

Post #9494532nd Jul 2012 9:47 am
Hess

Scotland 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Adriatic BlueDiscovery 3
Re: TSL Experience

Renton wrote:
Been using it since last Thursday and it defenitely seems that the engine runs smoother.
- On ignition the engine sounds less rough.
- More quiet at cruising speed

But the biggest improvement is this (don't know if any of you expereience the same);
When I am driving and I take my foot of the throttle there is a distinct resonance/vibration/noise when the speed drops. Its not loud or disturbing, more a bit annoying. When my car is serviced and the oil has been renewed these symptons have gone to reappear again over a few thousand Km.
This resonance/noise now has become a lot less to a stage where it's no longer annoying.
Lubrication seems to be much better because of TSL and therefore probably less wear on the engine.....

Can't comment on the MPG at the moment as I only have done short distances and no highway. Will comment on that as well as soon as I have done a long stretch.

I used it for my Freelander as well but don't have feedback on that yet. Poored the remainder into the Disco's fueltank this afternoon.

So far I can recommend it everybody. Thumbs Up

Renton wrote:
I also had a 2-3 second rattle on a cold start. Talked about it with the stealer but they didn't see it as an issue. Read more members here had this rattle.
Since I poored TSL in oil the rattle has gone.... Thumbs Up

Everyone will experience different things, some maybe unnoticeable to the driver
but there could be very important improvements within the engine itself.
Which is the main benefit TSL gives.

Last edited by Hess on 20th Aug 2012 11:23 pm. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #9494662nd Jul 2012 10:22 am
yogi972

United Kingdom 2010 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 HSE Auto Alaska WhiteDiscovery 4

Hess I'm not putting it down, merely say I've not really noticed
Apart from half a mpg improvement ..... So far
Very slowly going in the right direction.

Post #9494772nd Jul 2012 11:42 am
Hess

Rome wasn't built in a day Thumbs Up

And ½ a MPG is always welcome news.

Post #9494822nd Jul 2012 11:51 am
Hess

And the good news doesn't stop there as just because of that ½ MPG extra
your TSL actually didn't cost you a penny Thumbs Up

Hess wrote:
Thanks for the details Wiggy Man.

As to the cost based on the 7.500 miles you're driving per oil change.

If the product was to increase your MPG only 1 MPG then it would
work out as follows.

Old Scenario:
7500M @ 25 MPG with a fuel cost of £ 1.40 a litre would cost £ 1909.36

New Scenario:
7500M @ 26 MPG with a fuel cost of £ 1.40 a litre would cost £ 1835.92

Which would save per 7500 miles @ 1 MPG: £ 73.44

Calculator used at: http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml

The saving of £ 73.44 will pay for the product itself and will also pay for the oil
at the next oil change.

This aside from all the other benefits TSL adds, like the reduced wear, smoother
running and increased power etc.

So, in conclusion, if you use TSL, it doesn't cost you anything and it'll pay for
your motor oil every single time.

And all that from an extra 1 MPG.

Post #9494892nd Jul 2012 12:02 pm
Hess

Deleted

Last edited by Hess on 4th Jan 2013 12:51 am. Edited 2 times in total 
Post #9503294th Jul 2012 10:07 am
mrszymon

2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 HSE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 3

Another completely unnecessary quote removed

Hmm. Maybe a link to a news story or Web site confirming the claim would be useful? A link to a generic shell logo on "topnews.net.nz" in their "imagecache" directory doesn't increase confidence much (and searching that Website or multiple search engines for a story or press release of any sort doesn't bring back anything...).

-simon

Post #9503364th Jul 2012 10:21 am
Hess

It's a tweet from the company

And I didn't put any links in it at all, you right-clicked the logo and
copied the image location. It's the first logo of SHELL I could find.
There's no story on that site. Nor did I claim there was a story on there.

To explain this further, obviously SHELL would never put a press release
out that they are buying oil from another oil supplier. The way it's been
done is that a company that buys exclusively for SHELL has purchased 36 Oil Pens
from TSL in Holland.

Last edited by Hess on 25th Jul 2012 12:08 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #9503374th Jul 2012 10:26 am
mrszymon

and another completely unnecessary quote removed

I didn't say you put a link in your post - I pointed out that the logo you were using was linked from a site in new zealand and was a generic logo. My question was about the source of your breaking news announcement.

I have to say, I question the status of this as a "group buy". The point of a Group Buy is that the products should be cheaper to forum members because many are purchased at once. In this instance, this product appears to be available on eBay for exactly the same price as individual units. Along with your advertising rhetoric and "amazing news announcement", it appears to me that this is not a true group buy but instead an advertisement (albeit one that has been approved by Martin).

Irrespective of whether this product is essential or snake-oil, I for one will be choosing not to buy it, although I look forward to reading the reports of those who do.

-simon

Post #9503654th Jul 2012 11:00 am
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Hmmm.....I haven't been participating much in the forum lately due to being up to my neck in work, but I've been cringing every time I've read a new post in this thread.

How does a company (that isn't Shell) that buys just 36 oil pens from another seller of this oil (as much as I wanted to write snake-oil I can't bring myself to do it), warrant a changing of a group-buy title to "WE SUPPLY SHELL" and basically saying that they are now officially endorsing the product??

I'm sorry for jumping in when it's nothing to do with me Embarassed , but this thread is getting slightly embarrasing. I even keep expecting to see big yellow "As seen on TV" images or phrases such as "But wait....there's more.....buy one TSL oil pen and get a second one absolutely free....yes, that's right....another one absolutely free. Our operators are standing by to take your call".

Sorry Hess Embarassed
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #9503734th Jul 2012 11:14 am
Hess

mrszymon wrote:
A link to a generic shell logo on "topnews.net.nz" in their "imagecache" directory doesn't increase confidence much (and searching that Website or multiple search engines for a story or press release of any sort doesn't bring back anything...).
-simon

The only way you could have got that was by looking at the image location, via right-clicking it.
Because it's just a picture of the forum, and non-linked.

As to the Group Buy status of this, the first post clearly states this is a try-out group buy.
I discussed this with Martin and the best location for this was the Group Buy forum section.

It is on eBay indeed and the seller is me.

As for my advertising rhetoric and amazing news announcement, doesn't every product that's being sold
on the planet use advertising? I doubt anyone would buy anything when the seller doesn't bring out
the good points of the product.

I welcome all feedback whether sceptical, positive or negative. And how you feel about the product,
me or my actions is up to you and I respect that.

Last edited by Hess on 4th Jul 2012 11:34 am. Edited 1 time in total 
Post #9503754th Jul 2012 11:17 am
Hess

PaulP wrote:
Hmmm.....I haven't been participating much in the forum lately due to being up to my neck in work, but I've been cringing every time I've read a new post in this thread.

How does a company (that isn't Shell) that buys just 36 oil pens from another seller of this oil (as much as I wanted to write snake-oil I can't bring myself to do it), warrant a changing of a group-buy title to "WE SUPPLY SHELL" and basically saying that they are now officially endorsing the product??

I'm sorry for jumping in when it's nothing to do with me Embarassed , but this thread is getting slightly embarrasing. I even keep expecting to see big yellow "As seen on TV" images or phrases such as "But wait....there's more.....buy one TSL oil pen and get a second one absolutely free....yes, that's right....another one absolutely free. Our operators are standing by to take your call".

Sorry Hess Embarassed

If you're going to ridicule me and then say "Sorry Hess", that's up to you.
I'm only trying to sell an honest product which I believe in and only reporting news
that has been broadcast by the supplier themselves.
I take your point about the title and amended accordingly.

Post #9503864th Jul 2012 11:25 am
mrszymon

Hess wrote:
mrszymon wrote:
A link to a generic shell logo on "topnews.net.nz" in their "imagecache" directory doesn't increase confidence much (and searching that Website or multiple search engines for a story or press release of any sort doesn't bring back anything...).
-simon

The only way you could have got that was by looking at the image location, via right-clicking it.
Because it's just a picture of the forum, and non-linked.

The technical definition of the word "link" is irrelevant here - the point is that I was looking for some kind of attribution for your claim. I found it hard to believe that anyone would make such a brazen claim without there being some kind of public announcement by the companies involved.

Hess wrote:
As to the Group Buy status of this, the first post clearly states this is a try-out group buy.
I discussed this with Martin and the best location for this was the Group Buy forum section.

Right, which is why I stated clearly that it appears to be approved. I didn't even ask you to confirm whether you mentioned that the price you'd be charging is exactly the same as the price you normally charge for individual unit sales. All other group buys on this forum appear to include a discount for bulk purchasing - yours doesn't. Oh well, it's approved, water under the bridge.

Hess wrote:
As for my advertising rhetoric and amazing news announcement, doesn't every product that's being sold
on the planet use advertising? I doubt anyone would buy anything when the seller doesn't bring out
the good points of the product.

Again - a "group buy" is usually for the benefit of forum users, not the seller. The products in group buys sell because people want to buy them and jump at the chance at buying them at a discount. The sellers make money by discounting and selling a large volume. It's a great system - just look at the recent group buys for the BAS tool, the cubby fridge, the Strathern performance map, etc etc. None of them needed to advertise, because they were providing a known good product that people wanted at a discount to reflect the increased sales volume.

Honestly I think you'd have gotten just as many sign-ups to this if not more if you had treated it as a group by, without the hyperbole and advertising, but with a small discount off your regular price, and being more honest and open about your regular price.

Hess wrote:
I welcome all feedback whether sceptical, positive or negative. And how you feel about the product,
me or my actions is up to you and I respect that.

Indeed, I'm glad to be able to have this discussion in an atmosphere of mutual respect while still disagreeing Smile

Post #9503934th Jul 2012 11:39 am
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

mrszymon wrote:

I have to say, I question the status of this as a "group buy".

It is not within your remit to question tbh it has been authorised as such and that is the end of it ...a group buy is a collective purchase and although welcome there is nothing to suggest it must be discounted ...it can be done for administrative convenience ...so either put your name down to buy some or wind your neck in Thumbs Up
 21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #9504094th Jul 2012 11:59 am
Hess

As I said earlier, this isn't a regular group buy.
It's been put in the Group Buy section because it's the most logical
place for it.

As for the advertising, this isn't a known product.
I have no other choice than to advertise it as nobody has it in their car
in the UK. Unlike a BAS remap, cuddy fridge or Strathhearn Engineering
map, which people will have had installed and lend their support for.

2 people have reviewed it, one being Renton and he did supply a supportive
message with improved benefits to his car.

mrszymon wrote:

Honestly I think you'd have gotten just as many sign-ups to this if not more if you had treated it as a group by, without the hyperbole and advertising, but with a small discount off your regular price, and being more honest and open about your regular price.

You say if I had been more honest and open about my regular price, but that insinuates
that I haven't been honest and open. I have only stated 1 price.
That you go and find it on eBay is up to you. I never said it was discounted, cheaper or a deal.

As I said, I appreciate any feedback but I do not think I need to be lectured on how to
conduct my business, the way I go about it and my integrity.

Post #9504104th Jul 2012 12:01 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 5 of 25 <123 456 ... 232425>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >