Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Manual Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

His is an SE, don't know if he specced adaptives or not, but worth a try Smile
 06 D3 SE / 15 LR D90 XS SW / 88 LR 90 Td5 / 68 BMW 2000 ti
Any issues with the site let me know! 

Post #56905422nd Dec 2009 5:37 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
luvbus

United Kingdom 2007 Discovery 3 TDV6 XS Manual Lugano TealDiscovery 3

Martin wrote:
His is an SE, don't know if he specced adaptives or not, but worth a try Smile

Tis a XS isn't it....
 Club N.E.R.D.s  
Post #56905822nd Dec 2009 5:55 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Not what his profile says, but you're right - there isn't a UK spec D4 SE at the moment Thumbs Up

Post #56906022nd Dec 2009 5:58 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
RAEES

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 HSE Auto Java BlackDiscovery 3

I have a D3 V8 HSE and would like to convert the front grille, headlights as to look like a D4 and in need of some help!!

Post #57217231st Dec 2009 1:43 pm
Verydisco

Location: A bit there, a bit over there and sometime at home, France

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

HELLO
Any one with some 411 on this one
looking forward to be sure D4 hl fits D3... Thumbs Up
 l=Oo\________/oO=l l:Ool======loO:l

Current
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L TDV8 - 2012 - Orkney Grey, on Black, on Piano Black.
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L V8 - 2002 - ex-2003 G4 Challenge Event Vehicle, Stage 3: Australia
FREELANDER 2 Td4 HSE "000" - Santorinin Black on Black
Gap Diagnostics' Classic and BT IID Tools!

Previous:
RANGE ROVER TDV8 x3
RANGE ROVER Td6 x1
RANGE ROVER Classic 3.5L V8 x1
DISCOVERY III x3
DISCOVERY II x3
DISCOVERY I x4 

Post #5733493rd Jan 2010 1:31 pm
Verydisco

Location: A bit there, a bit over there and sometime at home, France

United Kingdom 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Tangiers OrangeDiscovery 3

Martin wrote:

However, to confirm this I need some information from an air sprung, standard Xenon equipped D4 owner...... can you get to the big connector behind one of the headlights and get a clear photo of the wiring that is present please? You don't have to remove the connector to do this, as long as each wire is visible in your pic.

Hi Martin

since no one has taken the chance to to it i will do it myself, picking up a 12 2009 HSE D4 with bi xenon (automatic turn on lights)

i am not sure yet it the are adaptive though

will shoot as many pics as you need as it take the headlight off. Please telle me what you need, that goes to other members too Thumbs Up

I will have it right by my 2005 SE D3 to test try the D4 headlight too, so if you think of anything, let me know
will try my 18' on the D4 and its 19 on my D3, may even try my BB6 Performance on the D4 as they fit my FFRR whereas 17 are not supposed to fit FFRR !

cheerio
 l=Oo\________/oO=l l:Ool======loO:l

Current
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L TDV8 - 2012 - Orkney Grey, on Black, on Piano Black.
RANGE ROVER Vogue 4.4L V8 - 2002 - ex-2003 G4 Challenge Event Vehicle, Stage 3: Australia
FREELANDER 2 Td4 HSE "000" - Santorinin Black on Black
Gap Diagnostics' Classic and BT IID Tools!

Previous:
RANGE ROVER TDV8 x3
RANGE ROVER Td6 x1
RANGE ROVER Classic 3.5L V8 x1
DISCOVERY III x3
DISCOVERY II x3
DISCOVERY I x4 

Post #58394118th Jan 2010 3:15 pm
Martin
Site Admin and Owner 

Take as many photos of the connector and wiring harness as possible, showing which colour wire goes to which pin Smile

Martin

Post #58412218th Jan 2010 6:55 pm
DCC4x4
Site Sponsor 

Hi guys i,m martin from dcc4x4 and we are currently converting a d3 to d4 spec, the d3 we are converting has afs headlights and we are waiting on some d4 afs units to arrive to test the AFS function, we could not get this to work on the later tdv8 vogues or the range rover sports so think the chances are slim of getting the d4 afs to work, we did plug a pair of sport afs xenons into the d3 today and the adpative light still flashed on the dash, we hope to have more news on thursday / friday as to the AFS function, but i feel it may be lost as we cannot get the car to talk to the ECu,s in the headlight, i am no electrician so no complicated questions please:) i leave the wiring to my qualified LR tech.

Post #58996025th Jan 2010 9:21 pm
PaulP

Spain 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

A new site sponsor - welcome Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

The D3 AFS electronics (motors apart) is ALL separate and contained within the AFS ECU in the cabin.

I seem to remember that the FFRR and the RRS AFS headlamps have a lot of the required gubbins already within the headlamp units and then just a cheaper AFS ECU in the cabin.

The same could be true for the new D4 AFS lamps and if so, it won't be a simple swap over when plugging them into a D3.......

Sounds like a cool project though Thumbs Up Thumbs Up
 2006 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham Blue
2007 Golf GT DSG 

Post #58996525th Jan 2010 9:26 pm
DG
Site Moderator 

Wales 

Welcome on board Martin. Thumbs Up

Slightly Off Topic ...but still relevant..I noticed while browsing your site the other day that you had done a nifty facial conversion of a 2003 to 2010 FFRR ...looks very professional indeed Smile ...did you get all the led lights running?

21 year LR veteran > D2 GS 2003 > D3 S 2006 > D3 HSE 2009 > D4 HSE 2013 > D4 HSE 2015 > D5 HSE 2018 > DS HSE R-Dynamic P300e 2021  
Post #58997425th Jan 2010 9:32 pm
DCC4x4
Site Sponsor 

thanks for the welcome and the advice, on the FFRR if anyone can get the AFS working on the later cars
i will personally give them a medal or free piano wood steering wheel:) i will aim to post more info friday, i have a set of d4 headlights which arrived thursday but due to the size of my delivery on thursday i did not check them and they were non afs:(

re the led for the vogue yes we have them working, the rear lights on a vogue are a complete nightmare, the hardest part of any conversion we have done, but in 2 weeks time we hope to have them to plug and paly spec or as close to as we do not supply them at present just fit them on site, we have the front lights working fine.

we have completed over 70 2006 conversions and still undertake them and we have currently completed around 15 2010 vogues, we have another in this week, then a sport from a rr forum member and a vogue next week, the d3 to d4 conversion is shaping up well with just the headlights to fit and then off to the bodyshop, we have taken images as we go and i will start a thread soon on the conversion as we will offer the conversion in the nest two weeks or so.

Post #59014225th Jan 2010 11:26 pm
Dickydisco

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 Commercial XS Auto Stornoway GreyDiscovery 3

dcc
will you be selling the facelift coversion? I mean could we come to you and have it done by you?
 Current: D3 commercial

Past: but not forgotten D3 HSE x2, 5 TD5 disco2's, 1 200tdi disco1, 2 300tdi disco1 one of which was a commercial, Off roader with a rather large spec, ARB's and big travel suspension to name a few.
Pajero SWB 2.8 for off road playdays
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yYBx3SCl8vs check this for laughs 

Post #59015125th Jan 2010 11:31 pm
DCC4x4
Site Sponsor 

yes all being well, i do not know of anyone else who offers this conversion, we convert the sport already and the vogue, unlike another company who converts the sport we do not paint the wings in advance of your arrival to simplt "bolt on" as we are not dealing with clios here but expensive cars, the sport and disco conversions go to our RBS approved bodyshop and baked, the paintwork is blended into the doors and bonnet along with the remainder of the colour coding, arches, rear bumper etc depending on which conversion and what the customer requires, our aim is to offer this conversion from the 2nd week of Feb.

Post #59028626th Jan 2010 9:03 am
BBS SPY
Site Sponsor 

Cyprus 2005 Discovery 3 TDV6 Base 7 Seat Auto Bonatti GreyDiscovery 3

A very warm welcome aboard Martin Thumbs Up

Seems to me you need someone with quite a bit of knowledge of AFS, especially the deep technical detail on how it all works, especially how it interfaces to the different models and years of vehicles. someone with a bit of experience on getting stuff working no one else has managed, someone who has a penchant and some experience with retro fit conversions and upgrades, someone always willing to help any member, especially other sponsors out, someone who likes a technical challenge.

Sorry i just can't think of anyone like that on here. Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter Rolling with laughter

Jesting apart, other than the self ingratiation, i mentioned all that because i do actually happen to have all the above qualifications and have written diagnostics for all the various AFS ECU's etc. I have also just finished retrofitting AFS and corner lighting to my own D3 if you missed that thread and am helping another member retro fit AFS to his.

So i am not pulling your leg when i say I am quite sure i can sort you out and i want you to know that i am the sort of chap who would probably appreciate the medal most Laughing
I am not exactly renowned for either shyness or short posts Rolling with laughter
And everyone on here knows i am having a love affair with my current smooth leather 09 steering wheel.

My only problem is, i am not actually quite sure what your problem is. Rolling Eyes

What lights model & year) are you fitting on what car (model & year) that you want to get the AFS working on?

warmest regards

Post #59043326th Jan 2010 1:16 pm
Russell

United Kingdom 

What is AFS Question
 MY17 D5 1st Edition Namib Orange
MY15 D4 HSE Kaikoura Stone
MY12 D4 HSE Nara Bronze Sold and gone
MY11 D4 HSE Stornaway Grey Sold and gone
D3 S spec Silver Sold and gone
Tow bar, full length roof bars, side steps, tow bar storage unit, surround camers.
D4 camera club 

Post #59046626th Jan 2010 1:45 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 3 of 5 <12345>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >