Advertise on DISCO4.COM
Forum · Gallery · Wiki · Shop · Sponsors
DISCO4.COM > Wheels & Tyres

PIRELLI ATR (255/55R19 111H) - Wear Rates?
Post Reply  Down to end
Page 8 of 10 <12345678910>
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

beanie, I doubt anyone who has actually used them, would argue that the on road performance of the Pirell ATR is very similar to a road tyre.

Previously I've used Pirelli Scorpion Zero's and Goodyear Wranglers HP's on my D3 (both in 19"). In direct comparison to these with the 19" ATR's there's really virtually no difference at all in on road performance for noise or mpg. Personally, I actually prefer the ATR on road to the Wranglers, but ultimately when pushed hard (I rarely push the D3 hard anyway) steering feel with the Zero's is a bit sharper.

But as I do a lot of motorway miles, I can get c.50k miles from the ATR's whilst the Zero's and Wranglers were shot by c.20k miles. So it's a no brainer for me.

If you're ever near the Bristol area, your welcome to drive my D3 and see what you think.

Again all the above IMO, other All Terrain tyres are available Laughing Thumbs Up

Post #9282204th May 2012 4:57 pm
LT

United Kingdom 2016 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 Landmark LE Auto Santorini BlackDiscovery 4

beanie wrote:
LT wrote:
Plus when the UK stock eventually dries up, it wouldn't be too hard to source 19" ATR's as they're still listed in most Euro countries and as they're cheaper in Euroland than the UK Evil or Very Mad having them couried to you would make sense.

Not if you have a holiday house in Euro land too Mr. Green Whistle Whistle Whistle

I foresee you becoming very popular Rolling with laughter

Post #9282214th May 2012 5:00 pm
geoff.

England 

my personal choice was the GG AT i liked the sure footedness of it and would expect 35 to 40 k going on wear rate Thumbs Up

that my opinion only

Post #9282224th May 2012 5:02 pm
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

Thanks LT for the offer, rarely there these days, used to be circa 6 Years ago, I worked for a Dutch outfit with premises on the docks.

i think the AT agruement is fixed in my head and if possible the ATR will be the tyre, unless a couple of cheap part worn 18" HPs or simular are about to allow me to run the rear two out for a little longer and go ATR for the winter.

Could look for some in France in the summer, I have just come back from 10 Days away, and I have to admit I have always thought rubber was more expensive over there, perhaps I have to do some homework Thumbs Up
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #9282234th May 2012 5:02 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
beanie
Site Sponsor 

England 2013 Discovery 4 3.0 SDV6 GS Auto Fuji WhiteDiscovery 4

LT wrote:

I foresee you becoming very popular Rolling with laughter

Time to buy a bigger trailer Rolling with laughter
 Altox GSM FBH controller thread

IID Pro MV License - D3, D4 & RRS - Enabling, Updates, D4 & RRS Timed / Remote Climate, D4 Bluetooth fitting
PM me for details

Owner of the original "Beanie" grille
D4 & RRS style D3 grilles made to order

Post #9282254th May 2012 5:04 pm
View user's profile Send private message View poster's gallery Send e-mail Reply with quote
LT

beanie wrote:
Could look for some in France in the summer, I have just come back from 10 Days away, and I have to admit I have always thought rubber was more expensive over there, perhaps I have to do some homework Thumbs Up

I've only looked at pneus-online.fr, their prices were certainly competitive in comparison to the UK. But no doubt you'd be able to find them cheaper elsewhere, as pneus-online in the Uk aren't that well priced. Iirc,18" Pirelli ATR's were about £8-10 cheaper on their French website.

Post #9282344th May 2012 5:36 pm
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

TallPaul wrote:
Anyone seeing a drop in MPG with ATR?

Not here, getting the same on 18" ATRs as I was on 17" Contis. Smile

Post #9282404th May 2012 5:43 pm
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 

We have a customer in this morning who is changing his ATR for General AT as he is finding the ATR not up to expectations, his words not mine but I felt it only fair to pass it on.

Now it could be he needs an MT tyre which has been pointed out to him but he has in the past had MT/R's and did not like the on road performance and noise that went with it, all other choices were discussed at length.

This goes to show that we are all different and have minds of our own, you can lead a horse to water BUT you can't make it drink.

When will L/Rover launch "selectable" tyre choice on the move. Rolling with laughter We don't know what's up their sleeves. Bow down

Post #9283985th May 2012 7:58 am
DSL
Keeper of the wheelie bin 

Ukraine 

AJS4X4 wrote:
When will L/Rover launch "selectable" tyre choice on the move. Rolling with laughter

Or a truely mobile fitting service!! Whistle Laughing

Post #9284215th May 2012 9:18 am
Slimer
Site Moderator 

United Kingdom 

Selectable/Adaptable tyres are already being developed
 The End  
Post #9285245th May 2012 5:34 pm
AJS4X4

United Kingdom 

Keep it under the table or everyone will be after them. Whistle

Post #9285315th May 2012 5:51 pm
scoobystiv8

United Kingdom 2005 Discovery 3 4.4 V8 SE Auto Zambezi SilverDiscovery 3

Had general Ats and now got pirelli atrs. The atrs give better economy. Wear rate appears similar i think. Overall happy with the atrs. Even on the farm they havent gotten stuck yet.
 D3 V8 SE AUTO
MG ZS 180 Mk 2
Subaru Impreza STi
Morris Minor 1000 4 door saloon(soon to be the Joker) 

Post #9288506th May 2012 9:12 pm
rdc1000

United Kingdom 2009 Discovery 3 TDV6 SE Auto Buckingham BlueDiscovery 3

Wow I'm confused!

Having just bought a D3 with two new Scorpion tyres just fitted at 27k miles. I've been looking for tips through this forum as to what to go to on tyres next. I drive "off-road" quite often, but it's muddy fields/some ruts/stone tracks rather than anything heavy, as with most of us, most of my driving is still done on road. I had a 52-reg D2 in the past and never replaced the tyres for the whole 45,000 miles I drove it for (and they still had tread left). I'm under the impression the Scorpions fitted are going to do nothing close to that, neither will they deliver me the performance off-road I want.

However, I don't know where to begin now as everyone seems to have differing views on here. I'd better re-read this thread again I think Shocked Confused Confused Confused

Post #93531525th May 2012 4:55 pm
Disco4SE

2009 Discovery 4 3.0 TDV6 SE Auto Zermatt SilverDiscovery 4

Just changed my Pirelli ATR's @ 60,000 Klm's. Probably had another 5,000 Klm's left.........maybe a touch more.
I found them quiet and not too bad off road.
Have a mate that just fitted GG AT2's and is selling them after 1000 Klm's because of the noise.

Cheers, Craig

Post #93539525th May 2012 10:28 pm
LT

Graig, did you do a lot of off road driving on the ATR's?

Post #93606628th May 2012 3:29 pm
Post Reply Back to top
Page 8 of 10 <12345678910>
Jump to:  
Previous Topic | Next Topic >